Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PWS MK2 Good .308?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I feel like the MWS is a good rifle to shoot prone because of the weight it possesses. I think that the PWS would probably be a better all around rifle because of weight. I'd like to have a 308 I could toss a red dot on and shoot like I do my other 16 inch guns, but the MWS I feel is not suited for this. Would you agree with this?
    I have the 14.5 barrel and maneuverability is excellent. After I sighted my ACOG and my aimpoint T2 i never shot prone or on the bench again always standing and moving, training for CQB with the shorter barrel is surprisingly amazing for a .308.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Any new opinions or updates on these rifles? I may be in the 7.62 market.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I don't personally own one, but I do have a friend with one that I've shot a bit, and PWS came to a demo day I host through work every year and brought one. Overall they seems like good guns. Accuracy was acceptable, the adjustable gas block was especially useful when we put a Sandman-s on it. If you are looking for more of a 'carbine' style gun, I have found the DD5 to be more suited for that role, based solely on my experiences shooting both of them. The Daniel seemed to transition between targets easier, and the ambi controls on the Daniel are nice (i'm a lefty). That being said, the PWS is a great gun, and if I was looking at t .308, it would be a serious contender.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have had my PWS Mk216 since January of this year. I bought in new from a LGS in Boise, Idaho, home of PWS. My rifle literally came fresh off the line.

It has been a great rifle. Reliable and accurate - consistent groups range from an average of .75 to 1.25 MOA at 100 yds across all ranges of ammo. Obviously, the more accurate is using match grade ammo, all factory. Just this past weekend I mounted a Vortex PST 2.5x10 and it's a great setup. The only "issue" I have had with it is that when I shoot it suppressed (I have it set up to take a SilencerCo Omega), the bolt typically does not lock back. As previously stated, I don't notice a huge difference in gas block settings either. I have this rifle and I have an LMT MWS (slick). The LMT is set up as my .308 battle rifle with a Trijicon TA11 on top, and the PWS as my "DMR" I suppose. Overall, I am very pleased with the rifle after about 800 rounds down the pipe.

Feedback Score
    I take it that the 6.5 Creedmoor version upper halves will swap on and off effortlessly, correct? Anyone have both uppers for theirs?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I have had my PWS Mk216 since January of this year. I bought in new from a LGS in Boise, Idaho, home of PWS. My rifle literally came fresh off the line.

It has been a great rifle. Reliable and accurate - consistent groups range from an average of .75 to 1.25 MOA at 100 yds across all ranges of ammo. Obviously, the more accurate is using match grade ammo, all factory. Just this past weekend I mounted a Vortex PST 2.5x10 and it's a great setup. The only "issue" I have had with it is that when I shoot it suppressed (I have it set up to take a SilencerCo Omega), the bolt typically does not lock back. As previously stated, I don't notice a huge difference in gas block settings either. I have this rifle and I have an LMT MWS (slick). The LMT is set up as my .308 battle rifle with a Trijicon TA11 on top, and the PWS as my "DMR" I suppose. Overall, I am very pleased with the rifle after about 800 rounds down the pipe.

---Any signs of over pressure when shooting suppressed? I have the MK216 with a SiCo Omega and I have had several over pressure issues. I just got the rifle back from PWS for the third time a couple weeks ago and haven't shot it yet. I was popping primers, case head swipe, primer cratering and so on. Shooting Federal GMM and Hornady TAP. It still held great groups though.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

PWS MK2 Good .308?

No, nothing like that. Even with the gasblock dialed all the way down to lowest suppressed setting, it does seem a little overgassed with the can as the ejection pattern of the brass shifts to 1-2 o'clock and I get pretty bad gas to the face. I too mostly shoot GMM (mine likes 168 gr) and the Federal OTM made for M1A (also 168 gr).

Since my post I've now got about 1500 rounds through it and continue to enjoy the heck out if it.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdjeep97tj View Post
    ---Any signs of over pressure when shooting suppressed? I have the MK216 with a SiCo Omega and I have had several over pressure issues. I just got the rifle back from PWS for the third time a couple weeks ago and haven't shot it yet. I was popping primers, case head swipe, primer cratering and so on. Shooting Federal GMM and Hornady TAP. It still held great groups though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 06-23-17 at 06:59.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234