Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PWS MK2 Good .308?

Feedback Score
    And what is the Mod 0 ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowme01 View Post
    How long ago did you say you purchased your firearm?

I purchased mine July of 2013. The Mod1 hadn't been out for very long. As far as I can estimate, the Mod1 was produced somewhere around Feb/Mar-Aug/Sept. of 2013. Then the "Mod1.5" came out.

And what is the Mod 0 ?

The Mod0 was pretty different. Same SI-D receivers as the Mod1, but non FF 1913 rail system, and no adjustable gas block. I don't remember whether the barrels were Isonite (melonite) or not on Mod0 like the Mod1.
    Last edited by Plasman; 02-03-16 at 12:48.

Feedback Score
    Cause the one they selling on their website now says Mod 1
    http://primaryweapons.com/store/product/mk214-rifle/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cause the one they selling on their website now says Mod 1
    http://primaryweapons.com/store/product/mk214-rifle/

Sorry, I should've clarified. Officially, there is no "Mod1.5." That's just what I call them since there has most definitely been a revision of the Mod1 (and enough changes such that I feel it's sufficiently different from the initial Mod1 guns). The value increased with the "Mod1.5." Previous MSRP was $2900-$3000 and when the "Mod1.5" came out it was dropped to $2700 IIRC. The forged receivers also gave it some weight savings from the SI-D/Falkor Defense billet receivers.

Tombstone Tactical had the MK216 on sale for $1946.50 yesterday!
    Last edited by Plasman; 02-03-16 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    How could i have missed that! Of couse CA configuration is always going to be more expensive

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Sorry, I should've clarified. Officially, there is no "Mod1.5." That's just what I call them since there has most definitely been a revision of the Mod1 (and enough changes such that I feel it's sufficiently different from the initial Mod1 guns). The value increased with the "Mod1.5." Previous MSRP was $2900-$3000 and when the "Mod1.5" came out it was dropped to $2700 IIRC. The forged receivers also gave it some weight savings from the SI-D/Falkor Defense billet receivers.

Tombstone Tactical had the MK216 on sale for $1946.50 yesterday!
    With the new configuration Mod 1 and price, should i try it? Or just go straight to SCAR 17

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With the new configuration Mod 1 and price, should i try it? Or just go straight to SCAR 17

That depends on your use requirements. Either way, I don't have any SCAR 17 experience so I can't give you a comparison.

Feedback Score
    Picked up a PWS Mk2 today, really like the quality. Waiting on a Geissele trigger and I'm going to take it to the range with a variety of ammo for testing. FWIW, I'm really happy with my PWS Mk114, shoot's 2.5MOA@100 yards with cheap M193 with stock trigger.
    Last edited by MWT; 02-24-16 at 05:23.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWT View Post
    Picked up a PWS Mk2 today, really like the quality. Waiting on a Geissele trigger and I'm going to take it to the range with a variety of ammo for testing. FWIW, I'm really happy with my PWS Mk114, shoot's 2.5MOA@100 yards with cheap M193 with stock trigger.
    Got mine 2 weeks ago shot it last weekend. Amazing rifle shoots better than the overrated Daniel Defense 7.62 DD5V1 (which I bought and returned to purchase this), much more recoil friendly,
    EASIER TO CLEAN. Zeroed my ACOG TA11E and installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger and took 3 shots to zero the scope, using standard PRVI 180 grain SP ammo and left the gas setting on position 1,
    did 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards. I thought I went to the range just to zero the rifle, but it was so fun to shoot I used up 300 rounds like crazy. Don't get me wrong though
    Daniel Defense is a good rifle I own 2 (M4A1, and M4V5S) 5.56 which have not given me any problems with probably hundreds of rounds on both, that's why I bought and tried their new .308 that
    came out but it's not quite there yet. Probably later productions would improve, who knows, probably the DI vs Gas piston thing but I love the PWS long stroke concept, no FTF, FTE or any sort
    of hiccups out of the box and it was dry as hell when I run it. I did messed up the gas piston setting when i was playing with it, when I turned it to the X position, which you are not suppose to do
    until after a year for cleaning, the detent for the spring flew right out, I knew something came off because something hit my foot, so I called PWS customer service (Very Professional people willing to help out)
    and told me that there indeed was a detent that goes in the spring that I should look for and with my 51 yo eyesight, it was amazing that I found it stuck on my golden retriever's tail(cause she was beside me
    when I was playing with the firearm) and I have to remove the handguard to access the gas block and reinstall the detent, no big deal. Anyway, this gun is a keeper I know I will be shooting it some more and will be doing
    more review about it but FWIW, Love it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Got mine 2 weeks ago shot it last weekend. Amazing rifle shoots better than the overrated Daniel Defense 7.62 DD5V1 (which I bought and returned to purchase this), much more recoil friendly,
    EASIER TO CLEAN. Zeroed my ACOG TA11E and installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger and took 3 shots to zero the scope, using standard PRVI 180 grain SP ammo and left the gas setting on position 1,
    did 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards. I thought I went to the range just to zero the rifle, but it was so fun to shoot I used up 300 rounds like crazy. Don't get me wrong though
    Daniel Defense is a good rifle I own 2 (M4A1, and M4V5S) 5.56 which have not given me any problems with probably hundreds of rounds on both, that's why I bought and tried their new .308 that
    came out but it's not quite there yet. Probably later productions would improve, who knows, probably the DI vs Gas piston thing but I love the PWS long stroke concept, no FTF, FTE or any sort
    of hiccups out of the box and it was dry as hell when I run it. I did messed up the gas piston setting when i was playing with it, when I turned it to the X position, which you are not suppose to do
    until after a year for cleaning, the detent for the spring flew right out, I knew something came off because something hit my foot, so I called PWS customer service (Very Professional people willing to help out)
    and told me that there indeed was a detent that goes in the spring that I should look for and with my 51 yo eyesight, it was amazing that I found it stuck on my golden retriever's tail(cause she was beside me
    when I was playing with the firearm) and I have to remove the handguard to access the gas block and reinstall the detent, no big deal. Anyway, this gun is a keeper I know I will be shooting it some more and will be doing
    more review about it but FWIW, Love it!
    What didn't you like about the DDV5? Just the recoil? Was it an apples to apples comparison with the PWS in terms of muzzle devices? A brake or comp can make a big difference.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast