Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PWS MK2 Good .308?

Feedback Score
    FTE'S, FTF'S and I ran it well lubed using the same magazine, there was a cutout on the lip of the barrel that DD CS claims was done intentionally to ease with extraction, I thought it was a ding in the barrel, but who am i to say. I think the muzzle device on the DD has more lift but quieter which could probably been corrected by a SilencerCo which a guy on youtube has on his, compared to PWS which pushes but easy to control with a little lean from the chest but it was really freaking loud, not too neighbor friendly when you have another shooter beside you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Plus I like the feel of the 14.5 inch better.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    And by the way, the one that I got is the MK214 Mod 1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowme01 View Post
    Got mine 2 weeks ago shot it last weekend. Amazing rifle shoots better than the overrated Daniel Defense 7.62 DD5V1 (which I bought and returned to purchase this), much more recoil friendly,
    EASIER TO CLEAN. Zeroed my ACOG TA11E and installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger and took 3 shots to zero the scope, using standard PRVI 180 grain SP ammo and left the gas setting on position 1,
    did 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards. I thought I went to the range just to zero the rifle, but it was so fun to shoot I used up 300 rounds like crazy. Don't get me wrong though
    Daniel Defense is a good rifle I own 2 (M4A1, and M4V5S) 5.56 which have not given me any problems with probably hundreds of rounds on both, that's why I bought and tried their new .308 that
    came out but it's not quite there yet. Probably later productions would improve, who knows, probably the DI vs Gas piston thing but I love the PWS long stroke concept, no FTF, FTE or any sort
    of hiccups out of the box and it was dry as hell when I run it. I did messed up the gas piston setting when i was playing with it, when I turned it to the X position, which you are not suppose to do
    until after a year for cleaning, the detent for the spring flew right out, I knew something came off because something hit my foot, so I called PWS customer service (Very Professional people willing to help out)
    and told me that there indeed was a detent that goes in the spring that I should look for and with my 51 yo eyesight, it was amazing that I found it stuck on my golden retriever's tail(cause she was beside me
    when I was playing with the firearm) and I have to remove the handguard to access the gas block and reinstall the detent, no big deal. Anyway, this gun is a keeper I know I will be shooting it some more and will be doing
    more review about it but FWIW, Love it!
    Awesome, I'd love to hear more from you, it's gonna be a while until I can take mine out, waiting on paperwork for a suppressor and parts for the build. Everyone seemed to love their post 2014 made Mk2 rifles (Mod1 but with the Nickel Teflon bolt carrier group), a lot of people are getting MOA all day every day...except these guys from TTAG in their PWS Mk2 review, which I find weird.
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ar-comparison/

FWIW, the majority of shooters report the Mk2's group best with 170-185 grain ammo. Steve Reichert praised the Mk2 accuracy with Lapua 185's calling it 1/2MOA.

Feedback Score
    Well head on out to the range then and shoot some cannons on that bad boy and give your report!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Took the MK216 out to 1k yards this weekend. Wind was pretty variable and messing with me, but all my hits had a vertical dispersion of <9.5". Conditions were 68F, elevation of 275ft, and ~77% humidity. I was holding right at 13mils for 1k. I was shooting FGMM 175gr just like when I tried this with my MWS. It's interesting how much of a difference ~20F and the 1:10 twist barrel of the MK216 made over the 1:11.25 twist in my MWS. I couldn't hit at 900yds with the MWS holding 16mils.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    Took the MK216 out to 1k yards this weekend. Wind was pretty variable and messing with me, but all my hits had a vertical dispersion of <9.5". Conditions were 68F, elevation of 275ft, and ~77% humidity. I was holding right at 13mils for 1k. I was shooting FGMM 175gr just like when I tried this with my MWS. It's interesting how much of a difference ~20F and the 1:10 twist barrel of the MK216 made over the 1:11.25 twist in my MWS. I couldn't hit at 900yds with the MWS holding 16mils.
    I have an MWS as well and was wondering about possibly picking up one of these I place of the MWS. Would you say you like one over the other? Also, do you feel one is more accurate than the other?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I have an MWS as well and was wondering about possibly picking up one of these I place of the MWS. Would you say you like one over the other? Also, do you feel one is more accurate than the other?
    I'd say it depends on your application and requirements. If you can state those, I might be able to give you an opinion. Of course, the multitude of barrel options for the MWS is a nice feature too (I should try 1k with the 1:10 CL barrel I have).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    I'd say it depends on your application and requirements. If you can state those, I might be able to give you an opinion. Of course, the multitude of barrel options for the MWS is a nice feature too (I should try 1k with the 1:10 CL barrel I have).
    I feel like the MWS is a good rifle to shoot prone because of the weight it possesses. I think that the PWS would probably be a better all around rifle because of weight. I'd like to have a 308 I could toss a red dot on and shoot like I do my other 16 inch guns, but the MWS I feel is not suited for this. Would you agree with this?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I feel like the MWS is a good rifle to shoot prone because of the weight it possesses. I think that the PWS would probably be a better all around rifle because of weight. I'd like to have a 308 I could toss a red dot on and shoot like I do my other 16 inch guns, but the MWS I feel is not suited for this. Would you agree with this?
    Out of the box the PWS is the better gun to shoot like a carbine would be used from a handling and maneuverability standpoint. That said, if you picked up the MWS' light weight barrel, it's probably a wash. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with that barrel to say whether it'd be as accurate as the PWS' barrel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast