Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9mm AR question

Feedback Score
    My RRA .223 and my 9mm pistols feel very similar.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am also looking into building a 9mm AR, but my main focus will be to use it for USPSA Pistol Caliber Carbine. One of my friends brought his to our IDPA match this weekend and we shot it afterwards.

It's a uses Colt mags and has a 5" barrel. He had Winchester White Box and I was really surprised by the amount of recoil. We switched over to my handloads, 3.6gr Unique 133gr powder coated lead bullet, the difference in recoil was substantial. It didn't shoot like a .22, but it wasn't much more.

OP, I don't know if you handload, but it may be time to start.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I found an RRA 16" complete upper for a good price to try out. We will give it a shot and see how she handles it. If it doesn't work out I can always get rid of it later.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Have you tried a 20 barrel with a flash suppressor in 223 ? I am always surprised when I shoot some one carbine AR over a 20" barrel AR.
    I might try to find someone that has one to test out. You never know, thanks.
    Last edited by dante2; 02-08-16 at 07:58.

Feedback Score
    Dante, you might also want to consider trying a linear compensator that directs all the muzzle blast forward.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    LoboTBL I will look into that as well. Thank you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123