Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Lav class would you take?

Feedback Score
    Ranger, thank you for all that info! I think I'm going to do the 1911 class based on everything you've said.

Sadmin, it's the only listed one I can find. I know their are a few more classes but no dates are posted and I don't know anything about the instructors.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well I just pulled the trigger on the 1911 class I'm pretty stoked, and nervous.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Awesome! I'm really hoping to slide into one in the near future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Well I just pulled the trigger on the 1911 class I'm pretty stoked, and nervous.

Don't be nervous. Go there with what is recommended and an open mind. Don't be afraid to ask questions but remember to actually listen to what is said. That being said I've gone to several Colt Armorer courses for the 1911 and still learned from LAV.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    I just don't want to be "that guy" the one that either brings way to much or not enough. My go to is a trp operator, my backup is a ria, I was going to bring the spare pistol bit which parts should I bring? First thought is recoil spring, past that though I don't know

Feedback Score
    Reloads? Should I use reloaded rounds, or buy new/reman? I drop test all my rounds in my trp operator to make sure they will load.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Often times you aren't allowed to shoot reloads due to insurance/liability reasons. Just check the packing list and bring what's on it

Feedback Score
    They didn't say anything about reloads or not

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Reloads? Should I use reloaded rounds, or buy new/reman? I drop test all my rounds in my trp operator to make sure they will load.

Don't be that guy. You are already paying for a LAV class so buy new or quality reloads like BH. Remember others also paid for the class and nothing pisses me off like someone trying to go cheap and screwing me in the process.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Probably 90% of what I shoot is reloaded, but for classes I splurge and shoot factory. The reasoning is pretty simple, in that I'm eliminating another variable that could detract from getting all I can from the class. I learned this the hard way. I have had bad pistol reloads on exactly one day, and it was in a class. Just as bad, I've shot next to a guy in class that had quite a few malfunctions with his reloaded ammo.

Using quality factory ammo will also give you a baseline to work off of from the class.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 02-20-16 at 21:33. Reason: Spelling and grammar...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast