Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bolt gun or AR10

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post
    Buy it. That's nearly a steal price. If was around here in a gun shop it wouldn't last more than two days before it was bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    figured I'd do an update. I put an order in for this one a while back. it's on backorder still. Ruger hasn't been catching up at all so no telling when I'll get it. was talking to the rep and he said they've been getting like two a month. they are used to getting 15-20 a month

Feedback Score
    Well since you want to be able to suppress it you ought to go with a 308 AR, my reasoning is that very few hunting style bolt guns are threaded, typically heavy tactical style bolt guns that are deisgned to be shot from a prone/stationary position are offered with a threaded barrel. The semi platforms are almost always threaded and can be lighter than a tactical bolt gun. Now you can easily get a bolt gun that is lighter and more accurate than a semi, but it depends on how dead set on suppressing this gun.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Well since you want to be able to suppress it you ought to go with a 308 AR, my reasoning is that very few hunting style bolt guns are threaded, typically heavy tactical style bolt guns that are deisgned to be shot from a prone/stationary position are offered with a threaded barrel. The semi platforms are almost always threaded and can be lighter than a tactical bolt gun. Now you can easily get a bolt gun that is lighter and more accurate than a semi, but it depends on how dead set on suppressing this gun.
    I ordered the RPR in .308 about 4 months ago. it's on backorder

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456