Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HHV ATE Ballistic Helmets?

Feedback Score
    I'm running a Revision Viper A3 shell, department issued, for LEO use when a plate carrier is warranted. Basically, that means all our felony arrests we do at the end of an investigation, or an active shooter, or potential active shooter call. I would buy my own shell in a heartbeat if I could get the Opscore shape, with the same quality of construction. I use a Wilcox L4 3 hole shroud, the stand alone OpsCore licensed Revision stand alone rails, and the upgraded dial fit, net hanger, velcro pad MSS suspension from Revision (because it is issued). It's a fine setup but the high cut is too high, the rear suspension point does not let the harness go over active ears as easily as the OpsCore, the suspension and pads could be better, and the ARC rails have a few differences with normal OpsCore rails (by goes at top of rail instead of bottom. IF HHV had a premium set up with Wilcox L4 shroud, real or licensed ARC rails, Team Wendy cam fit EPIC Air Suspension/pads, I'd be an immediate customer. All the helmet companies do ACH shell shapes and while you might find OpsCore or Wilcox shrouds and even genuine ARC rails, they never offer the really high end suspensions or pads. My understanding is HHV has a lot of lower end extras. Those may be great for sales to civilians going for a look, but people who use a helmet regularly will want high end options at a good price or just a basic shell with velcro and no pads/suspension, rails, or shroud, but already pre drilled 3 hole, without a shroud. I really hope you can offer such a product that has ballistic testing to back up the claims. Even if it's just a drilled and velcroed shell. IF you want a tester I'd happily do that too.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    They offer the shell sold by itself. If the quality was there I would pick one up and build with quality parts. Until then I'm looking for an Ops Core for duty use.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DevL View Post
    My understanding is HHV has a lot of lower end extras. Those may be great for sales to civilians going for a look, but people who use a helmet regularly will want high end options at a good price or just a basic shell with velcro and no pads/suspension, rails, or shroud, but already pre drilled 3 hole, without a shroud.

If you read the last few posts I wrote, you can see there is a large amount of variables, but one of the key things is helmet to head spacing. You want that magic 12mm of air space.

Regarding the "lower end extras" it comes with, the only thing I saw was the light mount and 1913 rail pieces which may have been questionable. What were you seeing?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    They offer the shell sold by itself. If the quality was there I would pick one up and build with quality parts. Until then I'm looking for an Ops Core for duty use.

That is what I've been using for a long time.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you read the last few posts I wrote, you can see there is a large amount of variables, but one of the key things is helmet to head spacing. You want that magic 12mm of air space.

Regarding the "lower end extras" it comes with, the only thing I saw was the light mount and 1913 rail pieces which may have been questionable. What were you seeing?
    The Ops Skeletal shroud, the rails, and the Velcro sold by HHV, appear to be non genuine Ops parts, but copies, at least that I have seen. The Velcro in particular seemed to lose adhesion. I'm not a Velcro to helmet shell advocate and I am by no means an Ops Core product expert. No one offers really high end suspension and pads that sells helmets, other than TW. I would not even calls the MSS Revision sells "high end" more like "mid level" suspension and padding.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Figured I'd post an update for those following this thread from last year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

Figured I'd post an update for those following this thread from last year.
    Appreciate the review, never really considered a helmet as a civilian, but found it interesting. I know some of my local PD got the Safariland Delta X and they love it, but I'm sure that they paid a good amount of department money, when you think about all the other stuff you can outfit some of those officers with the difference in price between the two, it is pretty significant.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    As of 11/17/16 they updated a test result for back face deformation. It's on their website. Their helmets have had me intrigued for awhile. Thanks Mrgunsngear for the review also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234