Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Isreali 'Fight from the door' method

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I was going to add some input as far as pie'ing corners and open doorways, two barrels in on entry, button hook, points of domination, yada but F2S summed it up quite well.

It does not make any sense to me why one would want to remain in the fatal funnel any longer than absolutely needed for entry.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    I was going to add some input as far as pie'ing corners and open doorways, two barrels in on entry, button hook, points of domination, yada but F2S summed it up quite well.

It does not make any sense to me why one would want to remain in the fatal funnel any longer than absolutely needed for entry.
    We do realize that this method doesn't mean you stand in the door way the entire time right?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    We do realize that this method doesn't mean you stand in the door way the entire time right?
    I do.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/r53QZ3GrqAo

If this is the method I believe is being discussed then it is not a method I would utilize. If it is not then I assumed the wrong technique and disregard my posts and carry on. Haha

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    https://youtu.be/r53QZ3GrqAo

If this is the method I believe is being discussed then it is not a method I would utilize. If it is not then I assumed the wrong technique and disregard my posts and carry on. Haha
    I guess I'm not familiar with that exact method. I'm more used to actually being in the hall not jamming up in the doorway. I can see how that is no bueno.
    Last edited by ggammell; 02-13-16 at 06:00. Reason: Correcting auto correct

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    I guess what I'm familiar with that exact method. I'm more used to actually being in the hall not jamming up in the doorway. I can see how that is no bueno.
    I do not like that technique in the video at all but considering they invented it (from what I have read) for their cities because a lot of their buildings have walls where small arms do not penetrate. It makes some sense for that but I would rather not use it. I see many flaws.

Feedback Score
    Its seems to me that what is really being discussed here are two different methods for two different scenarios. As a former Infantry Officer Urban operations are different than what I do now as a Cop. Pie the door is an effective method when the situation is unknown but not considered extremely dangerous. More like a response to an open door or a burglary alarm call. If I put my infantry hat on and I want to enter a house. I have squad suppress the apertures above me and I put a grenade through the door , then enter with a team. Not gonna happen CONUS lol. Pieing is absolutely fine for the majority of situations and can save you some real heartache. Remember there is no reason to go fast when going slow will do.
    Crossfit Level 1 Coach, Former Marine Officer, Current Police Officer

Owner of Tier Three Tactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjackson@tierthreetac View Post
    Its seems to me that what is really being discussed here are two different methods for two different scenarios. As a former Infantry Officer Urban operations are different than what I do now as a Cop. Pie the door is an effective method when the situation is unknown but not considered extremely dangerous. More like a response to an open door or a burglary alarm call. If I put my infantry hat on and I want to enter a house. I have squad suppress the apertures above me and I put a grenade through the door , then enter with a team. Not gonna happen CONUS lol. Pieing is absolutely fine for the majority of situations and can save you some real heartache. Remember there is no reason to go fast when going slow will do.
    I don't think the OP was referring to pieing a doorway when he specifically asked about "Israeli Fight from the door" method.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=275RLTW;2266292]

-Fighting from a doorway IS NOT utilized by any US SOF unit (75th, SF, CAG, NSW) and definately not authorized to be taught at any US Mil Urban Warfare School (SFAUIC or SQT), nor is it taught or advocated by DoS, FLETC. (Confirmed by calls to the schoolhouses)
    -Yes, some former SOF guys are advocating it and teaching it independently....they probably do crossfit too.[/QUOTE

ROFL! Now that was funny.
    ABOVE THE REST_____________________CURRAHEE
    1/327th INF 101st ABN_______________1/506th INF, 101st ABN
    OIF 1 2003/2004._____________________OIF 3 2005/2006

Feedback Score
    http://youtu.be/VNv5QxUft7c
    Is what I found on topic not sure what to think?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast