Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: barnes precision machine CQB vs Kac sr15

Feedback Score

barnes precision machine CQB vs Kac sr15

Hi I'm looking to get either a CQB patrolman or a sr15 by Kac. I've heard great things about the barnes and that a lot of SF guys like these. Of course the sr15 has a great reputation. Can I get any input from anyone who has first hand experience with these rifles? Of course the KAC would be more expensive but money isn't an issue with this purchase. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Barnes is a somewhat NKOB in terms of firearms manufacturing. They've had a few "operators" endorse their stuff in the past from what I recall. They aren't a household name that's for sure. I've handled a few of their guns whenever I see them in shops or at gun shows, and they seem to be of good quality. I haven't really heard anything bad about them, but then again I don't know where they source their parts or anything. I would say stick to a tried and true and well established manufactures for the time being. I own and love KAC rifles and will likely buy more in the future, but honestly you don't need to spend all that coin to play. Daniel Defense, BCM, Colt, LMT, etc. are the usual suspects to consider as well. Good luck.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SR-15 is the apex AR-15, the ultimate alpha dog. You said money isn't an issue, this one isn't even a contest, SR-15 all the way.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    No way I would spend $1,300 for the Barns when this is available.. http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=750-780

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've never even heard of Barnes Precision.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Steve Sellars was a big Barnes supporter on this board IIRC.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They lost me with the NiB bolt carrier group...
    I would be willing to give them a shot if it wasn't for that, but they don't do anything that other, already proven manufacturers already do. I understand the need for newcomers to be given a fair shot, but I'm not gonna be anyone's test dummy, especially when NiB can cause brittleness.

With all that out of the way, I own multiple rifles from many major brands (Colt, KAC, BCM, LMT, Noveske) and nothing that I have ever shot tops my SR-15s. I never believed the hype until I owned one, but an SR-15 shoots better than any other AR platform gun, period. I was happy with my Colts and BCMs until I shot one.

Many say it's not worth the premium you pay, but I would imagine they have never shot one. You won't be disappointed
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    You said money isn't an issue, this one isn't even a contest. SR-15 all the way.
    Agreed. And, if money is an issue, the stock-configuration Colt 6920 is still a damned fine rifle.

The only thing I've ever heard about Barnes is that they're solely a bullet manufacturer. Not sure what I'd think of a car made by Shell...
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    Agreed. And, if money is an issue, the stock-configuration Colt 6920 is still a damned fine rifle.

The only thing I've ever heard about Barnes is that they're solely a bullet manufacturer. Not sure what I'd think of a car made by Shell...
    I don't think it's the same company, but I could be wrong
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post

Not the same company. Barnes Precision Machine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast