Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noveske Infidel opinions wanted

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Noveske Infidel opinions wanted

OK not a newbie got a cpl M4 pattern AR's and a Noveske 16" recon for something more accurate.
    Looking at the Infidel just because it's short, light and has that cool looking flash hider

just looking from opinions on those who might own one, such as....does that can flash hider work fairly well, does it cause any loss
    in accuracy, etc

my thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I would enjoy your 16".

The 13.7" is only to have a flaming pig and be 16". The flaming pig should be called the fat pig at 8 oz. It is meant to direct conclusion forward and increase back pressure. It throws a ball of flame. I think it is epically pointless and asinine.

A 14.5" with a pinned flash hider will actually kill flash. It it will have more velocity and it will be lighter while being the same length.

A further rant against the flaming pig. It was designed for 10.3/5" guns that needed more gas. The whole point of a 10" gun is short and light. The flaming pig goes in the face of this. You could have an 11.5" barrel and a flash hider and have a better functioning gun with more velocity and better flash hiding while being shorter and lighter than a 10" with the pig.

I hate the flaming pig. Out side of it's subjective look it's a terrible product purpose wise.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    It's funny you say you want it because it's short, light and has a cool looking flash hider.

It literally has zero of those attributes.

If you want short and light get a 10.5"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the infidel is 16", heavy, and the kx5 is a waste of space.

buy a DDMK18, and a $200 tax stamp.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I have a 13.7 that was ball mill dimpled by Mr Pitts to take some weight off it. It is a SBR still with the Surefire MD on it. Still .2 inches short of the 16oal. I run a Surefire Mini suppressor on it and it shoots under an inch all day long. While it is a great rig, I wouldn't do it again already owning many of the following: 16's. 14.5, 12.5's, 11.5s. 11.0's, 10.5's and 10.3's. It is a purpose built coyote, hog, etc gun. I only bought that barrel because of the claims of accuracy. Its overgassed and needs an Adj gas block or insert. For the 3/4 of an inch go with a 14.5. If you want light, and short, go with a 10.x-11.5. I would personally rather have a 12.5 or 14.5 over the 13.7 going back on it.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-22-17 at 10:47.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a pistol build with a 10.5" CQB and KX5 installed. It works for the intended purpose of directing the blast wave forward. And yes it does throw a flame. After my pistol is SBR'd and I get a can, the pig comes off.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I have a 13.7" Ballistic Advantage barrel with a pinned & welded B.E. Meyers 249f. It doesn't direct blast forward, but is probably more in line with a lightweight rifle with great flash hider. The Infidel looks cool with the Pig slightly under the rail-sort of a faux suppressor look. The KX3 is over 7oz, the KX5 is 4.5oz. The 249f is 3.5oz.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Thank You for the replies ..... no more are necessary....... I'll file it with my gotta get an Ar in 9mm circular basket!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I've got one with a Weapons Outfitters 13.7" Track barrel. It has a midlength gas system with a perm attached BE Myers 249F (non-nfa). It is an awesome
    package. It's very soft shooting and can put up some sub 3/4" groups with Black Hills 77gr. It's my favorite all-around/general purpose rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not to pile on, but I stated with a factory infidel and ended up changing the upper out for a 16'' chrome and a MI SS rail.

The pig made it comfortable, and it was a track driver, but otherwise it's not worth the weight. A great setup, but certainly on the chunky side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast