Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Feedback Score

Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    I rost......
    Lol...it's absurd, you know?

Anyone who does any sort of research into best "bang for buck" will likely land on the 6920 as a viable option. If they do zero research they might get an expanse.

If they get an expanse then assume ALL products from colt are pieces of shit, based on that one datapoint alone, well, in the amended words of the great Jeff Foxworthy... "then you might be the target market".

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    LOL! While I am no fan of Colt corporate after basically abandoning the civilian handgun market in the 90's, I think your sarcasm makes an excellent point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 03-30-17 at 03:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    Strawman. Buy a new 6920 in the box and you're guaranteed to get the parts in it that you'd expect. And unless you're building a retro-type rifle, who here in this forum will replace a broken Colt part for a Colt part when the aftermarket has quality replacements for everything? Tough place to be into conspiracies because then you have to question if the aftermarket is selling what they claim.
    There is no guarantee in anything, but buying a Colt rifle pre expanse was a very safe bet that you would get a milspec built rifle. Now that they offer low end garbage with their roll mark you may or may not get the same level of quality you once did. One bad 6920 and the doubt will set in as whether or not Colt main line is using the same parts as their expanse line. Selling an expanse upper as a Colt product is not a lie, it is simply not the Colt quality we are all accustomed to.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    How?

If the released the 6920 with these features (or lack thereof), I would wholeheartedly agree with you.... but they didn't.....

This is what we call "sour grapes".... Circle back to my original statement on this subject.

Auto manufacturers are allowed a wide range of vehicles with or without options, power trains, etc., and at very different price points that are meant to service a wide variety of consumers with different financial means.

Does the Chevrolet Spark reduce the capabilities and worth of a Corvette? Both made by the same company, completely different ends of the price spectrum and each have a very different target market.

By your logic, because Chevy sells the Spark, then the Corvette is crap by proxy.

Please leave out the ford vs. chevy vs. whatever crap because I can find examples like this in ANY auto manufacturer, Chevy was just the first that came to mind.

I've seen a lot of crap on here about the "fit and finish" of the expanse and bitching about the missing features that people here desire, but I have yet to see a thread that complains about actual performance.

On a forum like this, I expected the opposite. I was under the impression that we cared about performance, not what something looks like, but all I see is a bunch of old ladies bitching about crap across a backyard fence..... It's turning into a ****ing knitting circle.... :-/
    For starters the Corvette is a piece of sh*t but I digress. Chev offers low end and high end and it's obvious which is which but that still doesn't mean they aren't cutting corners at the top like they do at the bottom. A Colt expanse looks no different than a 6920 and is marketed as "..a Colt quality AR-15 within easy reach of the modern sportsman.." which it is NOT a Colt quality rifle. That is called deception and some would say a bold faced lie. If Colt is willing to whore out their name in hopes of higher margins on low end guns then what else have they lied about or are willing to risk? It would be a different story of they had been upfront about who and where these rifles were made. Colt seems interested in targeting a market that is saturated with junk by using their reputation to sell over priced poorly built guns. Effectively trading their reputation for profit. Sounds an awful lot like the big three selling garbage vehicles for decades only to end up in financial trouble due to low sales. You can't buy reputation it must be earned and it takes a lot longer to earn it than it does to lose it.

MM

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718