Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Feedback Score
    The expanse doesn't water down other Colt rifles any more than a 6 banger camaro waters down a ZL-1 or Z-28.

Different consumer target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyM4 View Post
    That's the point. It's not supposed to have the same level of quality as the higher end colt rifles. Once again, we are not the target market. People who don't care about the options we think are important, ARE the target market.
    I absolutely agree. The problem is that by doing this Colt is destroying their gold standard "milspec rifle" reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    The expanse doesn't water down other Colt rifles any more than a 6 banger camaro waters down a ZL-1 or Z-28.

They absolutely are watering down the credibility and pedigree of their other offerings. Now that there are low end junk Colt products and they are in fact official Colt products there will be difficulty in determining if what you buy is in fact the original high quality stuff or the new low end garbage.

MM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I absolutely agree. The problem is that by doing this Colt is destroying their gold standard "milspec rifle" reputation.

They absolutely are watering down the credibility and pedigree of their other offerings. Now that there are low end junk Colt products and they are in fact official Colt products there will be difficulty in determining if what you buy is in fact the original high quality stuff or the new low end garbage.

MM
    It's not at all difficult to determine.

We've all seemed to figure it out, to the extent we know the composition spec by spec, while most of us have never seen one in person.

It's pretty simple shit, really.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MM
    Strawman. Buy a new 6920 in the box and you're guaranteed to get the parts in it that you'd expect. And unless you're building a retro-type rifle, who here in this forum will replace a broken Colt part for a Colt part when the aftermarket has quality replacements for everything? Tough place to be into conspiracies because then you have to question if the aftermarket is selling what they claim.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How?

If the released the 6920 with these features (or lack thereof), I would wholeheartedly agree with you.... but they didn't.....

MM
    This is what we call "sour grapes".... Circle back to my original statement on this subject.

Auto manufacturers are allowed a wide range of vehicles with or without options, power trains, etc., and at very different price points that are meant to service a wide variety of consumers with different financial means.

Does the Chevrolet Spark reduce the capabilities and worth of a Corvette? Both made by the same company, completely different ends of the price spectrum and each have a very different target market.

By your logic, because Chevy sells the Spark, then the Corvette is crap by proxy.

Please leave out the ford vs. chevy vs. whatever crap because I can find examples like this in ANY auto manufacturer, Chevy was just the first that came to mind.

I've seen a lot of crap on here about the "fit and finish" of the expanse and bitching about the missing features that people here desire, but I have yet to see a thread that complains about actual performance.

On a forum like this, I expected the opposite. I was under the impression that we cared about performance, not what something looks like, but all I see is a bunch of old ladies bitching about crap across a backyard fence..... It's turning into a ****ing knitting circle.... :-/
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Feedback Score
    We'll just have to revise our common advise to new AR buyers:

"BCM, DD, LMT, KAC, Colt (except the Expanse)...."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Are the six banger cameros built in a different factory by non chevy employees with not all chevy parts? Because then thats a fair comparison.

A six banger camero is a colt 6920 and ZL-1 or a ZL28 is a 6940 or 6960.

The expanse is a chevy Sonic

Feedback Score
    Yeah you're right. My 6920 is half the rifle it was pre-expanse.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I rost......
    It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the strategem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand -Yagyu Munemori

Feedback Score

LOL! While I am no fan of Colt corporate after basically abandoning the civilian handgun market in the 90's, I think your sarcasm makes an excellent point.
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast