Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Feedback Score
    I guess Colt is following the lead of other manufacturers offering a budget priced rifle for particular crowd of shooter. The type that believe that saving 100-200 is a great thing. I have a friend that bought one the S&W budget AR's, he paid $650 then he changed the grip and the forearm and added a folding sight, now his in the gun for almost $800 so much for the budget. I personally see nothing wrong with buying a good used 6920 if you want to save some money, or saving up the extra cash for one. I just know I would not be happy with one of the budget guns....

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What's ironic is that thinking "fit & finish" is only a cosmetic concern is just as wrong as judging fit & finish by cosmetics. The truth is, not meeting the design standards of fit & finish can have a negative impact on function. While many in the "fit & finish" crowd don't know what they're talking about, or what they should be looking for, or why fit & finish is important, they at least know it is important.

I like the Expanse. It may not have a chrome lined barrel, but it's still going to take a pile of ammo to wear it out. If the Expanse is $700 out the door and the 6920 $1000, the $300 difference is about 750 rounds. I can do a lot of shooting with 750 rounds
    Yeah, I get that fit and finish being within spec and properly applied is important to function and I think that most buyers of the more serious brands do as well. I was referencing the gun rag line that you'll often find in reviews of Windham, Bushmaster and RRA rifles that means no play between the receivers and evenly shiny and black.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Yeah, I get that fit and finish being within spec and properly applied is important to function and I think that most buyers of the more serious brands do as well. I was referencing the gun rag line that you'll often find in reviews of Windham, Bushmaster and RRA rifles that means no play between the receivers and evenly shiny and black.
    Coincidentally, the Expanse I got today does not wobble at all compared to my other 6920 and AR15A4.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    6720 is 799$
    ...and it's in stock. But the Expanse was $700 out the door. The 6720 is $800 before shipping and transfer fee, Final cost for the 6720 will be anywhere from $850 to $900. Now we're down from 750 to between 250 to 375 rounds of ammo. Good rifle, but not as much shooting.

I've been thinking of getting a 6933 when they come back in stock. It would need a replacement barrel, but I could SBR the 6720 and get it going sooner...
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-06-16 at 21:52.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That hammer reminds me of something from Anderson Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Other than that hammer I can't really see anything that would make me question the functionality of that gun.

The hammer missing some mass just has me questioning whether or not the gun gets light primer strikes. As long as it strikes with enough force than it shouldn't be an issue.

As for the fit and finish, I can't believe they would let ARFCOM down like that their feelings are gonna be so hurt, and still goona parade with their better than Milspec bushmaster. As for me, and I hope most others here on this site, who cares.

I can't down this rifle at the price.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    That hammer reminds me of something from Anderson Arms.
    Like that one on their website? Only difference is that it's been notched.

Feedback Score

Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Thanks for the pics.

Wouldn't economies of scale dictate that all the non-standard parts would actually cost more than simply making the 6920 less expensive? I wonder what the demand elasticity of the 6920 is.
    If parts weren't sourced (but were instead manufactured), or in small quantities it might. But apparently everything but the lower and the bolt are bought and probably assembled on a contract somewhere else. I'd assume that colt sent lowers complete, minus the FCG, to somebody to put together with the cheaper stuff we see in the rifle.

Just a cursory glance so I'm sure I've missed something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JC5188; 02-07-16 at 05:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hanschien View Post
    $700 FTF.
    Same price as an OEM-1. Between the two, the OEM-1 is the obvious, no-brainer choice.

This is not a great move on Colt's part.
    Last edited by 7.62NATO; 02-07-16 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    Some more pictures:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I guess I'll confirm my newb status by asking what might be a dumb question. Why no f/a and dust cover?
    #blackgunsmatter
    DDM4V5
    BCM upper/ BCM lower build - BCM UR, 14.5" LW barrel, bcg, kmr-a rail,
    Geissele G2S, BAD ambi safety, Magpul stock.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast