Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Picked up a Colt Expanse M4 (CE1000) today

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62NATO View Post
    Same price as an OEM-1. Between the two, the OEM-1 is the obvious, no-brainer choice.

This is not a great move on Colt's part.
    That's for us, the OEM is for gun guys, I can get a couple OEMs and put together complete guns without having to buy a single accessory. We have the spare parts to make those right.

Gun guys aren't the Target demographic for this gun. This gun is for the weekend shooters who want to go out and find a cheap A.R. for the first time by going to look at this gun and see a complete A.R. and they're going to look at the OEM and think it needs a bunch of work and it's not worth it. If you knew nothing about guns and you saw the expanse next to the OEM which would you choose? The complete gun? Or the gun that needs parts for $100 more? As far as they know all ARs are the same. No reason to buy that Daniel DEFENSE or BCM next to a $700 out the door AR.

People are hating on this gun, but I think they did it right. This is for the guy who is gonna shoot it once or twice, and own it just so he can say he has an AR. This is for the entry AR guy who doesn't know.

Colt gave us a gun in the OEM.
    Colt have Bubba a gun with the expanse.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 02-07-16 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    That hammer reminds me of something from Anderson Arms.
    Maybe the rifle is lube-free and it can be washed in the bath tub!!

Quote Originally Posted by intense View Post
    I guess I'll confirm my newb status by asking what might be a dumb question. Why no f/a and dust cover?
    Same question. What's up the forward assist? Why put spot there but not include the part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    That's for us, the OEM is for gun guys, I can get a couple OEMs and put together complete guns without having to buy a single accessory. We have the spare parts to make those right.

Gun guys aren't the Target demographic for this gun. This gun is for the weekend shooters who want to go out and find a cheap A.R. for the first time by going to look at this gun and see a complete A.R. and they're going to look at the OEM and think it needs a bunch of work and it's not worth it.

People are hating on this gun, but I think they did it right. This is for the guy who is gonna shoot it once or twice, and own it just so he can say he has an AR. This is for the entry AR guy who doesn't know.

Exactly. This thread is full of dumb. "No 4150 CMV MPI HPT CL Barrel? Stupid."

I don't understand why some in this thread cannot understand that this is a marketing move by Colt. People on this forum spend too much time around guns and gun people, and not enough time around people who buy an AR because its "Cool". They don't give a **** about barrel steel. They are all the same. Price matters - that's it.

Now they can get a Colt instead of a Bushmaster. Or rather, now Colt can get their money instead of Bushmaster.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-07-16 at 12:36.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

Gun guys aren't the Target demographic for this gun. This gun is for the weekend shooters who want to go out and find a cheap A.R. for the first time by going to look at this gun and see a complete A.R. and they're going to look at the OEM and think it needs a bunch of work and it's not worth it. If you knew nothing about guns and you saw the expanse next to the OEM which would you choose? The complete gun? Or the gun that needs parts for $100 more? As far as they know all ARs are the same. No reason to buy that Daniel DEFENSE or BCM next to a $700 out the door AR.

This exact point was expressed by others in the previous Expanse thread. Those that want to hear it do. It seems to bounce off quite a few others.
    Last edited by Zirk208; 02-07-16 at 15:46. Reason: stupid phone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    6720 is 799$. 700$ for an expanse is a bad value by comparison.

I'd need the expanse to be 600$ or under to be a good value. I still wouldn't buy one though.
    They were $799, I need to ask Grant if the price is the same

I'm on the list for one @G&R
    Glock 19 Gen 5
    Colt Combat Commander

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Cost savings. Pretty common on these entry-level type guns. At least colt built theirs on a standard receiver so you can add them if you want to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For $700 it looks like a nice AR, Colt will probably sell a lot of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The FNG View Post
    Maybe the rifle is lube-free and it can be washed in the bath tub!!

Same question. What's up the forward assist? Why put spot there but not include the part?

I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but I believe the idea was to allow the consumer to install one later on down the road if they choose. Same goes for the dust cover.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wouldn't it be something if this just ends up being an Anderson built gun on a colt lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by intense View Post
    I guess I'll confirm my newb status by asking what might be a dumb question. Why no f/a and dust cover?
    Generally unneeded on a sporter rifle, also, if u want them, you can install them.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast