Thread: E File form 1, Trust pdf too big to upload?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

E File form 1, Trust pdf too big to upload?

Hi,
    so I'm at the part to upload my 14 page Trust pdf, first time too big. I split it in 2, and then into 3 separate pdfs. Still too big to upload. Should I split it into 5 pdfs or is there probably an issue with the ATF website?

thanks
    scott

Feedback Score
    Scan it at a lower resolution

www.AtomicLabRat.com
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    perfect, thanks

scott

Feedback Score
    And make sure you choose B&W. That's makes a huge difference. Color is 3-4x bigger file. Mine is ~30 pages and under 2MB (200dpi/B&W). I'd highly recommend doing it in a single file.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The first From 1 I did in 2014 had the trust scanned in low res to avoid that problem. They couldn't read it, and the ATF called me and asked me to fax it over to them. There was a delay on it for that reason. This time around, for my CZ scorpion, I decided to split it up, marking each section Part 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    While it can be split, and if you label it correctly it shouldn't be a problem...there's zero need to. Change the settings, or use a PDF compression program. Yes, the system will take up to ten 3MB files, but a single file is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I changed the resolution and switched to b&w with no issues.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a lower resolution scan that worked well for a couple suppressors, so I used that pdf. It's also b&w. My notary seals are impressions and not ink, so I'm thinking much lower resolution may blur the notary seals. I still needed to break it up into a few sections. If the ATF calls and asks me to mail or fax, I'm not super worried about getting delayed a couple weeks.
    Just sent 2 SBR form 1s in. one was for a christensen arms 308, and that was a first for that manufacturer, so it may take extra time for the ATF to research.

thanks!
    scott

Feedback Score
    Everybody I know with the impressed notary stamp has been approved even if it's not visible. The signatures are there, and the examiners know those stamps exist. I do know a couple of them that lightly shaded them with a pencil first.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes, I shaded with a pencil. The first cans I purchased, and already have in my possession were done through the silencer shop. They take care of everything, and I had to shade the impressions with a pencil and re submit my trust to the silencer shop. That was about 3, maybe 4 months after all the paperwork was sent in to the ATF. So I'm guessing the ATF got it and couldn't see the impressions at all, and asked for the update.

scott