Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for feedback on this design.

Feedback Score

Looking for feedback on this design.

Hi Guys,
    I hope this is the right place to post this.
    What I'm looking for is comments, criticisms and feedback regarding how YOU think this blade could be improved.

Specs.
    1/8" thick O1 with the heat treat scale left on.
    Paracord wrapped handle in the Strider style but sealed with epoxy. (Strider Knives is one of my primary influences)
    Kydex sheath set up for IWB static line carry or kangaroo pouch on plate carrier with addition of velcro.

Background.
    This design began life as a Mora Companion (one of my favorites!)
    In the end I modded the heck out of my Mora until I had to add material in 3 areas.
    If your familiar with the Companion you'll see what I mean.
    The blade profile is also slightly modified.
    My goal was to retain the original utility I had come to enjoy with the original but to optimize the blade for combative applications.
    I realize this is an area that can be a great source of debate so lets please not go into that here
    Hit me up with PM though if you wish to chat about it!

Thanks for looking guys!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That looks good. I really like the design, but what about the sheath? Can you attach it to a teklok? Multiple options are better!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    That looks good. I really like the design, but what about the sheath? Can you attach it to a teklok? Multiple options are better!
    Thanks RioGrandeGreen! I'm glad you like it
    I will post some sheath pics for you. I have made static line IWB, velcro for plate carrier and am testing 2 belt clip variants.
    Teklocs is something I have been playing with in the background as well.
    Are many of you guys using teklocs?

Feedback Score
    Group shot.

Feedback Score
    Horizontal with ranger band using static line as a backup.

Feedback Score
    IWB with static line.

Feedback Score
    1 of the belt clip options I'm testing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That clip looks good. Make sure you utilize the option for a 2 inch for duty belts. IWB and OWB are always good to have.

Feedback Score

Looking for feedback on this design.

I'm not a blade collector but I do like and use a well made knife daily for difference task depending what I'm doing and where I'm at . Say Im at work well then I like a nice lock blade like a good benchmade . If I'm camping or in a hunt etc I like a very well made straight blade like ESSE . From the looks of your blade you picked a very good design that's good for self defense as well as a survival / outdoors type of blade.

As Im currently in the market for a survival / camping knife I've recently looked at many knifes and blades for almost 2 weeks now , yeh OCD . And I'm really drawn towards the ESSE 4 as it's the perfect size for what I need . Your blade you have here is what Id be looking for in the style of knife . Since you asked for
    comments / opinions I'd like to see your design with scales or at lest a option to add them if buying. For a guy like me that's looking for a good all around survival or camping knife handles are a must. I'd like to see it with some Smooth CF handles but " NOT" so rounded edges . But tapered off as it seals with the tang . I'd have to say as it sits right now I'd like to have one with para cord in the manner you chose to seal it. I also think this would be perfect on a slick rig as in grab and go with this in a molle on my left shoulder strap . Anyway like I said before , this is what im in the marker for and I'd like to try / use one . I did not got into metal Pacific's as I don't know enough about this to discuss it . Witch is also as you know extremely important question when it comes to this trade. I'm hopping your way passed that and it's top shield material witch I'm sure it is .
    Thanks and good luck with your skills / Trade

Sent from my rocket ship using
    My cell'y
    Last edited by bigjack7440; 11-14-15 at 22:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RioGrandeGreen View Post
    That clip looks good. Make sure you utilize the option for a 2 inch for duty belts. IWB and OWB are always good to have.
    Thanks RioGrandeGreen, The clip is holding up well so far in testing. I'll make a note to accommodate the 2" duty belts.
    Grinder Monkey, CEO and Janitor at FLC Knives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast