Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with seeing red dot

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I use glasses that correct the astigmatism and I see perfect red dots. Go to the eye doctor and get checked for astigmatism.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    fWIW the prism sights like Vortex's Spitfire don't seem to be as prone to blurry, comet shaped or multiple dots images. I have a slight astigmatism in my master eye and the 1x Spitfire gives me a better sight picture than any of the red dots I've tried.

Feedback Score
    I'll see when I can get into the eye doctor. My left eye is definitely worse than the right. I did an ocw today with it at 100yds and using the rear sight did help, using a better target did too. One thing I noticed when I'd transition back onto the optic, the damned target seemed to shrink and get a little blurry. It's almost as if it's a .8x optic, not a 1x. I think I really need to upgrade either to a pro or mro I'm not sure. But after a doctors visit and maybe a better sight it won't be so bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 02-16-16 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    I love red dot sights. I wear one contact, in my dominate eye(left) and with correction the red dot is fine. Without it is pretty un-useable. I got to thinking(whoops!). What would happen if TSHTF and I had no contacts or glasses? So, I went entirely to scopes. Scopes will correct for your vision and no blurred dot. It's just something I decided to do. Glasses or contacts will correct the red dot for you.

Feedback Score
    I have no problem with my scope. My right eye is pretty good left eye is akin to a football bat

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Place the cover over the front of your optic and view the red dot. Adjust the intensity until you have the best focus then remove the cover and index the red dot on target.

Once your eyesight starts to go south you may have to settle for indexing a fuzzy red dot on target. You can still get solid hits on target.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    If looking through the rear sight helps, that is an indication of a refraction issue, meaning that you need an updated prescription. Mention this to your eye Dr.

For those using scopes, how quickly do you find you can adjust the focus between what works with glasses or contacts and what works without correction?

Feedback Score
    Regardless of the focus with/without correction it's a whole lot better than with no magnified optic. If you find yourself without your glasses it's very easy to re-focus the scope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12