Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: AK trigger finger placement

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CT45 View Post
    Moose, this thread is about placement of the trigger finger UNDER the trigger. How's the video of Travis Haley relevant here?
    Post #8 on page #1 of this thread.

And as far as being "relevant here" well any time one decides to stick their finger in the trigger guard of a hot weapon whether it's UNDER the trigger, behind the trigger or in front of the trigger said person needs to be prepared for the firearm to discharge. Hence Col. Cooper's rules.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 02-10-16 at 01:27.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    AK Operators Union has been posting photos from Russia's SF competition. Of the photos that I've seen, the Russians are either engaging a target... or their fingers are off the trigger, clear of the trigger guard, and straight along the receiver.

So it seems that this technique may be something taught in the 1980s, but it appears to no longer be taught or practiced in 2016.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    AK Operators Union has been posting photos from Russia's SF competition. Of the photos that I've seen, the Russians are either engaging a target... or their fingers are off the trigger, clear of the trigger guard, and straight along the receiver.

So it seems that this technique may be something taught in the 1980s, but it appears to no longer be taught or practiced in 2016.

It looks like there are different competing schools there, and based on their work specifics different methods are fielded.

Here is a pic from one of recent threads where this method is discussed
    Last edited by CT45; 02-11-16 at 03:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Post #8 on page #1 of this thread.

And as far as being "relevant here" well any time one decides to stick their finger in the trigger guard of a hot weapon whether it's UNDER the trigger, behind the trigger or in front of the trigger said person needs to be prepared for the firearm to discharge. Hence Col. Cooper's rules.
    There's a NYPD cop on trial now (Google: Peter Liang) that had his finger on the trigger without an immediate threat and shot someone by accident. Ask him what he thinks now.

Edited-to-Add: NYPD cop CONVICTED
    Last edited by G19A3; 02-11-16 at 23:31.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

Like I said, the Russians are moving to a smaller, more professional military modelled after the west so much of that mentality is going to start to go away. That said, your talking about an SF unit. What are the line guys like?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    It's real simple; keep your finger well clear of the trigger or trigger guard until you made the decision to engage the target and you are presenting the weapon toward the target. That rule hasn't changed lately and for the life of me I can't see that it ever will

That's about as clear as I can make it - what you read or choose to believe elsewhere is your business. My advice would be to ignore it if it doesn't jive with my statement above

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    /thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I served in the Hungarian army from 91 to 92 or so and even back then, we were taught fingers off the trigger, I can share training videos with the AMD65 and AK63D and E and even then, it was fingers off the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A lot of these newly "discovered" Soviet gun fu tactics that resemble unsafe weapons manipulation and white boys doing breakdancing have kinda panned out to be unsafe weapons manipulation and white boy breakdancing.

I'm not an AK guy but at least the galil has a non-trigger finger safety.

JMHO

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A lot of these newly "discovered" Soviet gun fu tactics that resemble unsafe weapons manipulation and white boys doing breakdancing have kinda panned out to be unsafe weapons manipulation and white boy breakdancing.

I'm not an AK guy but at least the galil has a non-trigger finger safety.

JMHO
    What, helicoptering AK assaults aren't your thing? Pffffffff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast