Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AK trigger finger placement

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    There's a NYPD cop on trial now (Google: Peter Liang) that had his finger on the trigger without an immediate threat and shot someone by accident. Ask him what he thinks now.

Edited-to-Add: NYPD cop CONVICTED
    Good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm not an AK guy but at least the galil has a non-trigger finger safety.
    The standard AKM has a thumb safety... for lefties.

It's actually lightning fast and quite ergonomic for both selector manipulation and mag changes- IF you can get down with a 1990's "HK Fighting School" type mag well grip.

I'm like Zachary Morris with that shit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It's real simple; keep your finger well clear of the trigger or trigger guard until you made the decision to engage the target and you are presenting the weapon toward the target. That rule hasn't changed lately and for the life of me I can't see that it ever will

That's about as clear as I can make it - what you read or choose to believe elsewhere is your business. My advice would be to ignore it if it doesn't jive with my statement above

Thank you very much, this is all I needed to hear, and somewhat expected.

Also, thanks to those who shared their thoughts and experiences regarding the method in question, which is not taught to regular conscripts, but rather used by special units when a standard AK safety is set on fire, there is a probability of other objects hitting the trigger and in circumstances where milliseconds can cost life.
    Last edited by CT45; 02-13-16 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    I served in the Hungarian army from 91 to 92 or so and even back then, we were taught fingers off the trigger, I can share training videos with the AMD65 and AK63D and E and even then, it was fingers off the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    That very much needs its own thread. Please post.
    Former LEO (12 years)
    Paramedic
    B-TOMS
    TCCC
    TECC

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CT45 View Post
    Thank you very much, this is all I needed to hear, and somewhat expected.

Also, thanks to those who shared their thoughts and experiences regarding the method in question, which is not taught to regular conscripts, but rather used by special units when a standard AK safety is set on fire, there is a probability of other objects hitting the trigger and in circumstances where milliseconds can cost life.
    OK. When you say that this is taught for use by special units, do you mean short-bus special or something else?

This feels like one of those, "Hey guys, Olympic Arms guns are pretty good, aren't they?" threads. It seems to me that you're looking for somebody to legitimize something that's patently pretty stupid because someone you respect taught it to you. Tell me if I'm wrong.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This thread reminds me of this thread: AK Operators Union training... wtf as far as "stupid shit not to do with your AK".

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345