Thread: Independence (CCI/Speer) aluminum cased 9mm/40

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Independence (CCI/Speer) aluminum cased 9mm/40

I picked up a couple boxes of this a while back (available cheaply at my local Academy in boxes of 100 and in 250/350 round boxes from Aim and others) to use for practice/training when I can't retrieve my brass. 115gr 9mm and 180gr .40S&W. Shot 300 rounds of the 40 and 350 rounds of the 9mm today on my first outing with it, seemed accurate enough, clean burning, and moderately powered. But I was off to a bad start with a malfunction with the fourth round of the day I fired - a .40 shot through a Gen 3 Glock 22.

Normal "pop" and recoil impulse, but the slide stayed back, revealing round #5 stuck firmly against #4 still in the chamber. Dropped the mag and went to extract the case in the chamber when I realized there was nothing to grab - the rim was gone. Ended up pushing it out without resistance from the muzzle end.

Interesting to see the results in an aluminum case. Anyone else had any issues with it? It seemed pretty good otherwise as range fodder.

Feedback Score
    Looks like the rim was never formed in the first place. CCI QC missed it. And you missed it when you loaded the mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never seen that before and I shoot a lot of cheap(er) ammo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk