Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York City laws

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Again: this person could have a legally-owned, registered (grandfathered under the SAFE act) pistol lower. There are TONS of pre-ban guns in NY, including some in NYC. Now there are pre-SAFE guns out there. Registered and legal.

So, don't assume that just because you can't buy one now, that people can't possess them.

But, all this is moot. An upper is not a gun. It alone is not regulated in any way, by any federal or state or city firearms law. It's not a firearm. You can sell it to a known felon, legally.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My former neighbor moved back to California and welded/pinned an 8" fake suppressor on his formerly registered NFA AK74-SU to make it legal (taking it out of NFA and adding a bullet button as well). Your buyer may have the same intention of legal modifications.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Parts is parts.

I am unaware of any place that regulates barrels.
    Yep. I'd do it in a heartbeat, whether it's legal for the guy to possess it is none of my business.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    NYC doesn't care that it's legal for you to ship it. If it comes to the city's attention, they will go after everyone. Reference Bloomberg going after out of state FFL's.

Here is a recent example of a lawful, licensed NYC gun owner being arrested and prosecuted:

http://nypost.com/2016/02/10/gun-nut...l-near-school/

I would just sell the upper elsewhere, not worth the potential headache.
    SF

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really am wondering what law the guy in the above referenced story happened to violate?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Never mind... My Googlefu is strong...

http://www.labor.state.ny.us/workerp...th/sh39_6.shtm

15 lbs of powder is the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by New Yorkistan
    Smokeless powder. (1) Storage by individuals. Smokeless powder for the reloading of shells by sportsmen for use in sporting rifles, shotguns, pistols or revolvers in an amount not in excess of 15 pounds and in the original containers may be kept in a building or other structure without storing such powder in a magazine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b2dap1 View Post
    For instance...BCM won't ship a rifle at all to NY, NJ, CA, CT, MA at all. I assuming not because they are illegal but just to stay away from the hassle.
    BCM will ship a short barreled upper to CT. Straight to my home address.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just please, God, don't write a letter to the ATF asking for "clarification" like the Sig brace shitshow.

Feedback Score
    ^^^^ +1 I totally agree with this guy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Parts is parts is parts.
    Like others have said, there are tons of pre-AWB and pre-"SAFE" AR pistols, rifles and everything imaginable floating around out there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123