Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mepro Tru-Dot RDS Vs Aimpoint Pro

Feedback Score

Mepro Tru-Dot RDS Vs Aimpoint Pro

I really like the Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS Red Dot Sight. Looks good, priced good. Anyone running this on an M4gery? Any pics? opinions over this vs an Aimpoint pro on a cantilever mount?
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The Tru-Dot may be a decently priced optic, but it will never survive a house fire;

http://www.recoilweb.com/aimpoint-pr...ire-65175.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdriW3KfwU

This is an incredible story of the durability and value of buying quality first.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The Tru-Dot may be a decently priced optic, but it will never survive a house fire;

This is an incredible story of the durability and value of buying quality first.
    Yep, that'll do it! good enough for me!
    Because of their tremendous reputation, the soldiers of the old guard were permitted liberties which would not have been tolerated in other units. When Napoleon met Tsar Alexander of Russia at Tilsit in 1807 he pointed to a terribly scarred Grenadier. "What do you think of men who can endure such wounds?" he asked. " and what do you think of men who can inflict them?" replied the Tsar. "They're all dead!" interjected the Grenadier, settling the issue once and for all.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The price of the Mepro RDS isn't the only thing attractive. It has a really wide and clear field of view. I'd suggest trying to see one in person before you make a decision.
    Also when I had an Aimpoint I needed to buy a new mount to replace the terrible Aimpoint QRP mount. The cantilever mounts aren't cheap.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippin' Jimmy View Post
    The price of the Mepro RDS isn't the only thing attractive. It has a really wide and clear field of view. I'd suggest trying to see one in person before you make a decision.
    Also when I had an Aimpoint I needed to buy a new mount to replace the terrible Aimpoint QRP mount. The cantilever mounts aren't cheap.
    I can agree and sympathize with the mount that the PRO comes with. About the 5th time I smacked my knuckles on it, I began looking for a new mount.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

I'm not saying Mpro is awesome, but that story is hardly a good reason to discount other optics... one survived a house fire. It makes for good marketing, but that is the exception not the norm.

We had 6 out of 10 fail at 220 oF @ hour 7-9. There is a reason the manufacture provides operating ranges.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I'm not saying Mpro is awesome, but that story is hardly a good reason to discount other optics... one survived a house fire. It makes for good marketing, but that is the exception not the norm.

We had 6 out of 10 fail at 220 oF @ hour 7-9. There is a reason the manufacture provides operating ranges.
    What king of sights are you referring to that failed??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by general_purpose View Post
    What king of sights are you referring to that failed??
    They were T1's

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I understand that, but I also feel it's a very good selling point. Most of us civilians are more likely to have our optics go down in a house fire, than to take a round or fall out of a helicopter. In my humble opinion, the PRO can be had for not much more than the Mpro, and is more proven. The Mpro may well be incredible, I just haven't had or read of experiences with them. I know that one of their optics beat out Eotech and Aimpoint to win the optic of choice for the Israeli's on the X-95.

They were T1's
    I would love to see more on this test.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Mepro Tru-Dot RDS Vs Aimpoint Pro

Sorry I don't have any experience with Mepro, in fact that was the main reason during my optic selection process that my shortlist ended up being Aimpoint and EOTech - I just couldn't find any people whose opinions I trust that had hands on experience. But the original optic list included Mepro and Vortex. My shortlist went down to those two because I did have friends who I respect that ran both optics...and my budget also influenced that shortlist. (Compare to Trijicon)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-20-16 at 14:19.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast