Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help torquing Noveske NSR barrel nut

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but who makes the Noveske NSR rail? Is it SMOS?

There are people wondering why SMOS is selling and manufacturing rails and receivers which look highly similar to the Noveske Gen 3 lineup. For reasons that are unimportant to the public, there is no longer a business relationship between those two companies. This is why you will see SMOS selling rails and receivers that look highly similar and with the same lines and curves. Since Noveske was forced to change manufacturers, the Gen 3 products were redesigned, and some people noticed the differences and have been unhappy. The vast majority of people holding them side by side will not ever notice.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    There are people wondering why SMOS is selling and manufacturing rails and receivers which look highly similar to the Noveske Gen 3 lineup. For reasons that are unimportant to the public, there is no longer a business relationship between those two companies. This is why you will see SMOS selling rails and receivers that look highly similar and with the same lines and curves. Since Noveske was forced to change manufacturers, the Gen 3 products were redesigned, and some people noticed the differences and have been unhappy. The vast majority of people holding them side by side will not ever notice.
    Who makes Noveske's NSR rails, recievers, and uppers now? You can PM if you like. I've been looking into SMOS recently and they seem to offer quality stuff. Thanks

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Can you elaborate on the differences?
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    Who makes Noveske's NSR rails, recievers, and uppers now? You can PM if you like. I've been looking into SMOS recently and they seem to offer quality stuff. Thanks
    That's not likely to be disclosed by Stickman, Noveske or anyone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123