Thread: Safe to fire cases that have been broken down?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Safe to fire cases that have been broken down?

I reloaded 60ish rounds tonight and realized that I had my auto-disk powder measure on the wrong powder charge (too little), so I pulled all the bullets with an inertial bullet puller and emptied the cases, to try again whenever the next time I get to sit down at the press ends up being.

My question is this: is there any risk of having damaged the primers during the bullet pulling process or anything like that which would make loading those same cases again a bad idea?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    None that I'm aware of. I think you'll be just fine in reusing the primed cases.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with it. I do it all the time. Be sure to check neck tension though. And depending on the powder used, some stick powders get lodged in the flash-hole, so check that too.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 02-10-16 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Good to know. Thank yall.

I'm using Bullseye, and I checked a couple of them to see if anything looked weird at the flash hole, and things looked clear. I just wasn't sure if you could knock the priming compound out of the cup or something like that. People talk about not chambering and re-chambering a round repetitively due to the primer being screwed up, so I wasn't sure if the same thing could happen since the action is very similar to breaking a round down with one of those bullet pullers.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Agreed. As long at you can feel decent neck tension when you re-seat the bullets, you're fine. I too do this all the time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v