Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock/Buffer Options for new SBR

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    It doesn't limit choices. The shorter stocks just don't collapse all the way down to the first position, at least on the Vltor 7 position tubes. If you can live with your stock in any position from 2 through 7 you're good to go. I think they put out a 6 position tube to account for that and I'm not sure how BCM's 8 position tube works. Personally I don't know why you'd want to shoot with your stock collapsed so far down anyway, at least on a regular basis.
    I have an STR on a BCM A5, the stock is fully collapsed on the second position.

Feedback Score
    There are 2 different A5 tubes. One is designed to allow an STR, for instance, to collapse all the way to the castle nut as normal. The other is designed to ensure a short open-ended CAR style stock stops without the tube poking out the back.
    The VLTOR RE-A5 is the first, the RE-10 is the latter. The latter is where you can have a situation where longer stocks do not collapse all the way forward, adding unnecessary OAL.

Pick the right RE tube for whatever stock you're going to use. I've got extra tubes of both types and a ton of various extra weights.
    The A5 system across all your rifles is an investment.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 02-11-16 at 05:27.

Feedback Score
    If you decide to go a5 there's no reason not to get the 8 position tube from bcm. It will allow the shortest possible fully closed position while still engaging a lock hole.

If you are set on a carbine length tube, get a sprinco blue action spring and h2 buffer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks all. I ended up with a carbine tube, spring, H2 buffer and stock from BCM. Can't wait to see how it runs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What's the OAL of that rifle? How does the BCM stock compare to other carbine stocks as far as length (specifically the short Magpul mentioned above)?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Whining in a forum that people have seen your thread, but not replied, reeks of an odd brand of desperation. - Me

Titling your thread "To XYZ or Not to XYZ" will cause me to completely ignore your thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12