Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK 18 "pistol"-------------->

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    All threads I've seen lately are turning into a mess.

So an educated guess is that this isn't gonna turn out well.

Tacbear, you are correct, not much M4s here, mostly AR15s, but you are also wrong that isn't a MK18, even if it is a LMT barrel, MK18 barrels are 10.3 not 10.5. So not even your barrel is a not MK18, even if it is marketed as such. Thus your only argument that makes it a MK18 is invalid.

Mk18 these days has turned synonymous with any SBR. Which it is not.

That same logic applied else where, Chevy makes the Corvette, so all cars Chevy makes are corvettes. See? Doesn't work.

LMT make the MK18 barrel, therefore all LMT short barrels are MK18s. No

Straight from Wikipedia;

Upper and lower receivers: The lower receiver is a standard M4A1 lower receiver sometimes modified with the addition of a CQD RSM sling adapter plate. However, many CQBR rifles also use surplus M16A1 lower receivers. Internally, the CQBR also takes advantage of a larger gas port and modified bolt carrier and buffer assembly. The gas port has been opened to 0.070 in (1.8 mm). A number of Lewis Machine & Tool 10.5" (266.7 mm) upper receivers have also been reported to have been purchased for the CQBR program. These upper receivers feature a gas system optimized for short barrel use.

You are 100% correct...I was told the experts are at M4carbine.com, ask them they will tell, you sorry for the disruption.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Custom MK 18 "pistol"-------------->

Quote Originally Posted by Tacbear View Post
    Straight from Wikipedia;

Upper and lower receivers: The lower receiver is a standard M4A1 lower receiver sometimes modified with the addition of a CQD RSM sling adapter plate. However, many CQBR rifles also use surplus M16A1 lower receivers. Internally, the CQBR also takes advantage of a larger gas port and modified bolt carrier and buffer assembly. The gas port has been opened to 0.070 in (1.8 mm). A number of Lewis Machine & Tool 10.5" (266.7 mm) upper receivers have also been reported to have been purchased for the CQBR program. These upper receivers feature a gas system optimized for short barrel use.

You are 100% correct...I was told the experts are at M4carbine.com, ask them they will tell, you sorry for the disruption.

Same article you are referencing, under barrel specs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clos...attle_Receiver

"Barrel: The CQBR uses a 1:7 in (178 mm) twist M4 barrel that has been modified in length to 10.3 in (262 mm). The diameter of the barrel under the handguards is 1.17 in (29.7 mm). The KAC M4-QD flash suppressor is fitted, allowing use of the KAC QDSS-NT4 suppressor"

Anything on Wikipedia should be taken with a grain of salt. Anybody could post stuff so it's a big site of he says, she says. Now don't get me wrong it is a great resource but don't take it right away as fact without doing the research to back it.

Now what you posted says:
    "been reported to have been purchased for the CQBR program."-what report? Did they just buy them for testing? Or did some of them make it to use under the moniker MK18? Was this purchased confirmed? Cause if you go to the barrel specs in that same article (which I posted above) it contradicts your interpretation of that sentence.

I trying not to be a A hole here, this site has its fair share that I'm sure would be more than happy to chime in here. I'm trying to help you out before that happens.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 02-11-16 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    Good shooting for a pistol... even if it is just a 3 round group

I hope you shouldered the shit out of that buffer tuble, haha. FATF.

As you can see, some of the mil clone guys can be real nerds about shit like barrel length and non-issue parts. They will beat off to 14.7" M4 clones, but watch out if you build a Mk. 18 with 0.2" too long of a barrel!

Cloner logic also says changing the handguard and optic changes the designation of the weapon. If some guy on a SF team puts a low profile gas block, aftermarket free float handguard, and non-issue optic on his Mk. 18, as has been done, a cloner would say that it is no longer a Mk. 18.

As far as I'm concerned, any 5.56 AR with a 10.(n)" CL gov't profile barrel is a Mk. 18 setup. If you talked about a "Mk. 18 setup with a 9 inch TRX handguard over a low pro gas block and a CTR stock," anybody would know what you're talking about. A mil clone fag on the other hand would whine "wrong handguard! Wrong gas block! Wrong stock!"

I think we should give them their own section... or maybe their own forum... so they will quit posting this shit in every damn thread on this forum.
    Last edited by henschman; 02-11-16 at 13:55.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Bummer to post about being stoked over a new gun and then have people take a big dump on your thread.

Have fun with it, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It's not a Mk anything. Hell, it's not even an sbr. 18" bbl guns aren't Mk12's, 10" bbl guns aren't Mk18's and most of these "my take on____" aren't anything but some assembly of parts. I'm not into clones. Never had one, never shot one, not much interest. Thing is, everything sbr or scoped is "my version of the military's" These days. This thing isn't even a damned rifle. What really matters about this gun and the only thing that would make the post worthwhile is what's the intended purpose of this firearm and why does the OP feel this configuration meets the requirements? What parts were chosen and why? There are some cheaper, less adequate parts on this firearm but the OP mentioned limited budget so that makes sense. Not all budgets can be stretched. The OP mentioned traveling. That explains the pistol configuration but what workarounds are there to make traveling with an SBR more practical? The OP mentioned training others. If you're training others with this pistol, are they running pistols as well? If not, how can you adequately train them showing them techniques that require you to shoulder the gun?
    People here are direct and factual. This is not a place that cares much about fun guns and sharing all your guns. This isn't meant as much as an online gun hangout. It's more of a technical, to the point, facts only place of learning. Think of it more as a gun library and less of a bar.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Custom MK 18 "pistol"-------------->

Quote Originally Posted by Tacbear View Post
    6 position buffer tube w/ Thordsen

Wait if it has a 6 position buffer tube does that not mean it falls under constructive possession? Therefore an illegal SBR?
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 02-11-16 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Wait if it has a 6 position buffer tube does that not mean it falls under constructive possession? Therefore an illegal SBR?
    Not technically but having unused stocks laying around and a bare buffer tube would certainly be prosecuted as such in some areas. The OP has a non stock device covering the RE.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Aww, come on sweetie, you tried soooo hard though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonsrtmed View Post
    ...... Dudes gun is sick and it shoots get off his nuts!!!
    Did you fail to see the pasters on the target?

Feedback Score
    the only one that knows the truth is him and who ever was there with him hell it could of been at 10 yards. when he pulls the trigger it puts a hole in a piece of paper just like all the other AR's in this forum. PAPER or dings steel whatever your into.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast