Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic Advantage 5.56 BCG Phosphate

Feedback Score

Ballistic Advantage 5.56 BCG Phosphate

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with the Subject BCG. Specs seek on par with BCM and others, hoping to get feedback.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am pretty sure they are made by Aero Precision. I have an Aero BCG no complaints so far. I have roughly a case shot on my bolt and no malfunctions. The BCG passed the snuff test by the Colt Armorer school instructor today in class. I had him inspect the rifles I built for myself. But he recommends Colt or BCM bCG's too. The only question is whether they batch test or individually test their BCGs. I don't have an answer to that. They are very responsive to questions via Facebook messages.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback!

Feedback Score
    I have a BA BCG in my 300Blk. Been a little while since I examined it, but it all seem to check out good.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Prince View Post
    I am pretty sure they are made by Aero Precision. I have an Aero BCG no complaints so far. I have roughly a case shot on my bolt and no malfunctions. The BCG passed the snuff test by the Colt Armorer school instructor today in class. I had him inspect the rifles I built for myself. But he recommends Colt or BCM bCG's too. The only question is whether they batch test or individually test their BCGs. I don't have an answer to that. They are very responsive to questions via Facebook messages.
    It might be the other way around. BA makes the barrels for Aero (and now Aero owns part of BA it seems). This way or That way it's all the same probably.

The BA ones are in stock at a buck twenty five … thinking about picking one up. I have a few barrels and they perform well/as well as my DD or BCM mids in observation.
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 02-11-16 at 15:44.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'm unsure if I should spring for BCM or get a similar quality with BA BCG, it also has the VLTOR o ring on the extractor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't speak for their quality, as I don't have one. But I do have two of their 5.45 bolts (not the carrier, just the bolt) and they are very good quality. If you are apprehensive to try them, but don't want to spend the coin on a BCM, the Rainier arms phosphate BCG is only 135, and frequently goes on sale for around 100, and is also a very high quality alternative. https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-bcg-phosphate

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The difference between aero and ba BCGs is probably in the logo.

Same company, same specs..

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the BCM as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do. It's solid.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone, I'm ordering it today, great price and free shipping!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast