Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arisaka or Arson Machine?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I think OP wishes to remove the light from the mount as well...I dont think any large knob to do so will allow the light to be run at 11
    I have both Arisaka and Arson and both are well made and low pro. In the end though, I went back to Gear Sectors offset.
    Matthew 10:28

Yeah, I was looking for something where I could easily take the light off the mount such as surefires and the like. Since they can be expensive I was looking at being able to use the same light as my edc as well as attach the light if I decide to use my rifle for hd. If course I will end up eventually buying another light in the future. But at least it will square me away in the sort term.
    Last edited by 6920_enthusiast; 02-11-16 at 14:33.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6920_enthusiast View Post
    Yeah, I was looking for something where I could easily take the light off the mount such as surefires and the like. Since they can be expensive I was looking at being able to use the same light as my edc as well as attach the light if I decide to use my rifle for hd. If course I will end up eventually buying another light in the future. But at least it will square me away in the sort term.
    I could see moving the mount from rifle to rifle but I don't understand removing the light. When would the rifle wear the light? When you hear a bump in the night you're going to bust out an allen wrench and affix your EDC light to the rifle?

You may want to looking into less expensive lights either for EDC or as a weapon light.

I would attach before bed.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I would attach before bed.
    No offence, but after having a bunch of light mounts from Arisaka, IWC, magpul, Elzetta I think its going to a be a pain in the ass and you will stop doing it very quickly.

What light are you looking to do this with?

I haven't decided that yet, I thought I would do my homework before throwing money around. Currently I only own a Olight m20. But I was going to try to buy a surefire + mount for my next purchase.
    Last edited by 6920_enthusiast; 02-11-16 at 15:10.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    IMO I think you are better to split them up. Look at a WML new or used. You should be able to get one around $100.

Another option is the SureFire G2X is a great cheap light that you can definitely run as weapon light. I run one on my AK and can't seem to kill it. Mrgunsngear just posted a review on them:

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I haven't decided that yet, I thought I would do my homework before throwing money around. Currently I only own a Olight m20. But I was going to try to buy a surefire + mount for my next purchase.
    Do you have anything specifically against running the light at 12:00, and when you say EDC, do you mean for a gun or as a pocket light?

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Do you have anything specifically against running the light at 12:00, and when you say EDC, do you mean for a gun or as a pocket light?
    A pocket light.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    A pocket light.
    I am in love with this pelican light - http://amzn.to/1Qb1Xqb

Super small and light. Only 72 lumens though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast