Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arisaka or Arson Machine?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6920_enthusiast View Post
    Yeah, I was looking for something where I could easily take the light off the mount such as surefires and the like. Since they can be expensive I was looking at being able to use the same light as my edc as well as attach the light if I decide to use my rifle for hd. If course I will end up eventually buying another light in the future. But at least it will square me away in the sort term.
    It's possible but highly impractical.

A G2x dedicated to the gun with mount or a Streamlight TLR-1 pistol light at 12 o'clock are both affordable options..
    Last edited by HCM; 02-11-16 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    IMO I think you are better to split them up. Look at a WML new or used. You should be able to get one around $100.

Another option is the SureFire G2X is a great cheap light that you can definitely run as weapon light. I run one on my AK and can't seem to kill it. Mrgunsngear just posted a review on them:
    I think the g2x will be the better option of the 2. I had a WMLX I wanted to run in an offset at 11. It was way too tight for my liking. The base of the things is just so wide it was too close to the rail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mine is ran in the 12 o'clock position and I like it BUT I'll eventually change to a scout type light that is pushed forward in a thorn tail type mount. Use a pressure switch on the hand guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Arisaka. No contest.

Looking at using my support side thumb for activation. My front sight is all the way to the front of rail. And my support hand is about 3-4 inches from front of rail. I use a vfg for a hand stop, that's why I'm looking for a 9-11 o'clock position to use my thumb to activate.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6920_enthusiast View Post
    Looking at using my support side thumb for activation. My front sight is all the way to the front of rail. And my support hand is about 3-4 inches from front of rail. I use a vfg for a hand stop, that's why I'm looking for a 9-11 o'clock position to use my thumb to activate.
    I've used an Inforce WML at 11, using an HSP Offset, as well as a Surefire G2X in an Arisaka inline ring at the 45 slot on my KMR. (links are to photos of my setup).

No complaints with either, though the Surefire setup was a bit cheaper, and I preferred it to the Inforce setup. Looking at $55 light + $45 mount vs. $120 light and $50 mount, for a light that's as reliable, arguably more durable, and with a better (IMO, it's subjective) beam. Still love the WML, but it is what it is.

So if I were you, I would honestly pick up two Surefire G2X Tacticals, and an Arisaka mount. Mount one Surefire, carry the other. You'll be out $155 for two perfectly serviceable lights.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Arisaka. No contest.
    I would have to agree. And, if they do offer a discount to forum members here... I'd be all over that if I were you!

Feedback Score
    Sorry if already mentioned, but has anybody used their MLOK QD Sling Mount? Is it a quality piece?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123