Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First AR Recommendation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by casador View Post
    He's asking for opinions, what better way to start then with a Colt, he's not talking about building a comp gun or anything. >Listen I'll respect your opinion but you have to learn to respect the well intended too. This cannot be one of those places where you get slapped every time one's opinion docent fall directly on the mark, it's the good intention that counts.. Remember not everybody here is a pro like you!!

'
    Being a pro has noting to do with it, nor am I putting someone down for their opinion. The OP listed off what he wants. I seconded a reply that was right in line with what he wants. Who am I to try and point him in a different direction if he's done his homework and knows what he wants? If my reply had been something contrary to what the OP was asking about, would I not then be the one putting down someone else's opinion?

Every time someone posts on here asking "What rifle do I buy" the first replies are members asking for them to narrow it down and provide some structure as to what they plan on using the rifle for and what options they are considering. The OP was nice enough to do just that. Working within the constraints, the replies followed.

When someone asks you about buying a two door Chevy truck, do you reply that they should really consider buying a four door Honda Civic?
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Not familiar with the first company but the OP said he wanted a rifle that wasn't complete junk, those last two are complete junk for sure, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the first one is garbage too as I've never heard of them.

OP, go with a BCM standard 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think BFv2 was just beating m44 to the punch. That's how these threads generally go anyways.

"Hey! What should I buy?". "Thanks for replies, I went with DPMS"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Battle Rifle Company
    Bushmaster
    DPMS

In that order.
    Holy crap. I'd forgotten about the Battle Rifle Company debacle. What a joke. OP, Boba Fett v2 is being facetious. He and everyone here knows those brands are not up to snuff. You'll be very well suited with the BCM setup that has been recommended. BCM is great quality at a reasonable price with great customer service.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This train has 3 stops in no particular order:

Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense.

Even with the relative shortness of the thread thus far you will already see a pattern emerging. I am probably not offering any thing different.

There is a reason for that.

Personally, if I had to choose my "day of exposure" to the platform but with all the modern *meaningful* advancements in check there is no better sample:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-R...le-750-790.htm
    (plus some Magpul MBUS sites)

The purist in me counters with this:
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ey=LE6920MPS-B
    (you could take this directly to the range)

After that it is all hand-wringing and money that could have been spent making holes until you have a reason to do something different.

There are plenty of other brands, directions, pricing tiers, configs, colors, etc that are 100% legit. But a baseline knowledge is key.
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 02-12-16 at 13:24.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Not familiar with the first company but the OP said he wanted a rifle that wasn't complete junk, those last two are complete junk for sure, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the first one is garbage too as I've never heard of them.

OP, go with a BCM standard 16.

The humor went way over your head I see.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The humor went way over your head I see.
    I sea wut you did thur. Sorry, I've been on vacation from here for a few years... Lots of new faces so I'm still trying to figure out who's who. I'll add you to my "not retard" list.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Battle Rifle Company
    Bushmaster
    DPMS

In that order.

That made me laugh!

BCM is probably the easiest answer to the question...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m44patriot View Post
    Hey all,

First off, I'm new to the forum, and am looking at getting my first AR. I've done quite a bit of research and am trying to find a good sub-$800 AR with a few specific features. Looking for a 16" barrel, mid-length gas system, and a flat-top receiver with the standard split handguard. Just a good, simple rifle that shoots and isn't junk. Can anybody make any recommendations?
    1. Why do you want a mid-length gas system?
    2. Colt 6920 unless you have to have mid-length, then BCM.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Battle Rifle Company
    Bushmaster
    DPMS

In that order.
    You are a cruel man. I spit my drink on my monitor.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Battle Rifle Company
    Bushmaster
    DPMS

In that order.
    impossible to explain to my 13 YO son why I'm laughing right now

Get the BCM lower and upper as recommended

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast