Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First AR Recommendation?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Being a pro has noting to do with it, nor am I putting someone down for their opinion. The OP listed off what he wants. I seconded a reply that was right in line with what he wants. Who am I to try and point him in a different direction if he's done his homework and knows what he wants? If my reply had been something contrary to what the OP was asking about, would I not then be the one putting down someone else's opinion?

Every time someone posts on here asking "What rifle do I buy" the first replies are members asking for them to narrow it down and provide some structure as to what they plan on using the rifle for and what options they are considering. The OP was nice enough to do just that. Working within the constraints, the replies followed.

When someone asks you about buying a two door Chevy truck, do you reply that they should really consider buying a four door Honda Civic?
    You continue to say that I failed to read what the OP said he was looking for. I read what he said but he also said he was new to this and this would be his first AR, others here have basically echoed the same recommendation minus the Colt A4 rifle. Listen I don't know how long you've been around this but I have been for many years now and have made my share of mistakes. And this is not the same as telling someone that is looking for a pickup to go buy a Honda Civic. Again my problem is your disrespectful and like I said, your opinion is yours and mine is mine, respect me and I will respect you......

Feedback Score
    My recommendation would be a bushmaster. They have been producing military grade AR's since 1973. Buy once, cry once.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Olympic chArms, Rock Diver, Windsham Weaponry - those are the top three.

If you want to pay for a name and be a "fan boy" like me go with COLT, BCM, DANIEL DEFENSE.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nobody has mentioned PSA yet?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Nobody has mentioned PSA yet?
    This is m4carbine.net.

Feedback Score
    Can someone please show me a Daniels Defense for around $800? Or even $1000?

Feedback Score
    Very first post was the answer to your question. Hang around long enough, and you'll understand the other posts.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    BCM upper on an Aero Precision lower if your going to keep it forever and run the crap out of it.

Colt if you ever want to re-sell.

Good luck with trying to explain to a prospective buyer how "just as good as x" the budget stuff from Spikes, PSA, Del-ton, etc....is. I am not a gear snob and own plenty of stuff from the budget companies , but it is what it is..............and what it is..........is NOT Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, etc...

Feedback Score
    Colt 6920, spend a little more and get one. It's everything you need and nothing you don't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by casador View Post
    You continue to say that I failed to read what the OP said he was looking for. I read what he said but he also said he was new to this and this would be his first AR, others here have basically echoed the same recommendation minus the Colt A4 rifle. Listen I don't know how long you've been around this but I have been for many years now and have made my share of mistakes. And this is not the same as telling someone that is looking for a pickup to go buy a Honda Civic. Again my problem is your disrespectful and like I said, your opinion is yours and mine is mine, respect me and I will respect you......
    Long time lurker here.

Why does everyone get all uptight about any little thing? Not saying either of you are wrong. I loved that you offered other suggestions, and I understand that the OP asked for a MiLF (midLength Firing). I too would go with a middy, I never shoot my 6920 because its "less fun" compared to my middies. But please, don't pull us lurkers out to bitch about your bitching to each other. We all embrace this forum, and most peoples insights are respected by the majority.

Together we stand, divided we fall.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast