Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is SLIP 2000 EWL?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Considering Northern MN just hit -15 again, all of these comments are music to my ears. I was trying different methods in the low cold and was getting mixed results. I am hoping slip will let me put it away wet, pull it below zero, and operate a few mags without gumming up in the cold.

While I have had an AR fail on me while it was cold out, I honestly don't believe the cold itself has caused a rifle to fail on me before I get to cold to continue.

But, I've spent some time navigating and roaming, away from my back yard range, in the woods to find out that the open rifle on my back had started gumming up from the long term cold (a couple hours or so of traversing). Again, it cycled manually, but it was tough to actuate and far from smooth, I didn't feel comfortable utilizing it at the time to find out if it would work properly (mainly because I was freezing my behind off so much already, haha).

It was -18 that morning, and the wind was far from in my favor, maybe I am just demanding/expecting to much from any lube? Or even maybe underestimating the lubes ability to heat back up after the first cycle?

I am still just too new of an AR/Carbine user in the winter.
    Slip 2K does just fine here. I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have yet to shoot below zero, but I have shot in the single digits with EWL and it worked flawlessly.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    How do Slip2k and EWL work with limiting carbon lock and fouling on suppressors and mounts? If for no other reason, Fire Clean users swear by it for ease of cleaning suppressed weapons.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I loved everything about Slip2k until I shot in a class in sub-freezing temps. Cyclic rates on my pistol and carbine slowed down, noticeably. Temps warmed up, cyclic rate back to normal. I ditched it from normal rotation after that....
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I loved everything about Slip2k until I shot in a class in sub-freezing temps. Cyclic rates on my pistol and carbine slowed down, noticeably. Temps warmed up, cyclic rate back to normal. I ditched it from normal rotation after that....
    What did you start using after that?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I swapped to WeaponShield for a bit, and then to FireClean. I still use Slip2000 on some things, like O/U's and such. I liked their applicator bottle I had...
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I swapped to WeaponShield for a bit, and then to FireClean. I still use Slip2000 on some things, like O/U's and such. I liked their applicator bottle I had...
    I ordered some EWL, and a few drops are going in the freezer when I get it. I'm curious about what happens, given the disparity between your experience, and the product data published on their site vs. Weaponshield and FIREClean's observed results in my freezer.

I especially like that the weapon can be stored "for a few years" with Slip 2000 EWL and no problems occurring. This is the specific reason I no-longer use FIREClean. Terrible stuff for longer term storage.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Used Slip 2000 EWL for years, issued or personal rifle, works great. Doesn't burn off fast like CLP does and best of all its non-toxic. My only complaint is that it will drip all over the place when stored in a safe. I actually like the smell of CLP but I know all the years touching it and breathing it isn't good for me either. I still use CLP for rust prevention, I remember seeing a corrosion resistance test from ARFCOM that showed CLP works alot better in that role than Slip.

I even add big drops on a Froglube treated BCG after several hundred rounds, no problems either.

Feedback Score
    Was that with EWL or the regular gun lube?

Feedback Score
    I have used EWL at temperatures from 90 degrees down to -10 degrees and it has worked better than anything else I have tried including Weapon Shield and synthetic motor oil, although Weapon Shield has worked well for me also.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast