Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What is SLIP 2000 EWL?

Feedback Score
    While I haven't really yet seen this, I have heard of this when it was overly applied with FC. I have not been able to confirm the issue when it was applied as directed as a light film.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Last week I took apart a Benelli BCG that was gummed up by Fireclean. The firing pin wouldn't drop and I had to pry out the cam pin. This was my fault - I didn't completely clean off the old lube before applying FC. After cleaning everything well, I relubed with Slip2k EWL. Inertia drive stays relatively clean, so FC isn't as advantageous here.

I still lube AR BCGs with FC, though Slip2k is my "general purpose" lube for everything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It outperforms it on that one machine, is all that proves. FP10 also performs similar to Weaponshield on that machine. Yet compared to G96, in laboratory testing on identical pistols over thousands of cycles, the G96 prevented wear better. Things that make you go "hmmmm...does this REALLY translate?"
    In regards to less friction, it blows away all the other oils, by far.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpadams6 View Post
    In regards to less friction, it blows away all the other oils, by far.
    Howso?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Howso?
    Did you watch the video?

Feedback Score
    Did you watch the video?
    See my earlier post, Wilson Ultima lube performed the same as Weaponshield back in the day on the same test. I don't see anyone blowing that trumpet any more. Which makes me question the validity of that test, just sayin.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhs1969 View Post
    See my earlier post, Wilson Ultima lube performed the same as Weaponshield back in the day on the same test. I don't see anyone blowing that trumpet any more. Which makes me question the validity of that test, just sayin.
    I don't know anything about that test, nor machine. Any idea if that could be faked? I would think friction is fiction. And that's probably the most important part of gun oil.
    Last edited by dpadams6; 03-09-16 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    I don't know anything about that test, nor machine. Any idea if that could be faked? I would think friction is fiction. And that's probably the most important part of gun oil.
    It was the same machine used for the Weaponshield test, I saw it sometime in the early to mid 90s, I don't know if it would be on youtube I will have to do a search sometime. I doubt it was faked. The common method between both tests was the application of pressure, I'm no engineer but I fail to see the application of pressure involved in an AR's function being of great concern. It seems to me the pressure of firing is contained within the chamber. I've come to follow some advice I learned long ago; if it slides grease it, if it rotates oil it

Feedback Score
    Dang fellas. I have to admit I've been "slip 2000 ewl curious", because that's one of the few, i haven't tried. I've re-read all your comments and, might have to spend some more money and see what all this hype is about. What's one or two more bottles, right?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Did you watch the video?
    Yes, and that video is completely irrelevant, almost as much as if I were to rub my fingers together with astroglide between them, and then proclaim that astroglide is the end-all, be-all. See, the kinds of forces in that machine is demonstrating, are not the kinds of forces firearms actually endure. This is evidenced by actual wear tests showing FP-10 as inferior to G96.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast