Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is SLIP 2000 EWL?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've been using Slip2000 EWL for the past three or so years. From temperatures around 15 degrees to right at 90 degrees my gear has always ran like it's supposed to, and I've had absolutely no lubrication related problems at all. It stays put, and holds on for a high round count. All that can be said about it has already been said, I'm just here to comment that I've experienced it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    If split crotch panties are what it takes to get your wife to exercise, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Feedback Score
    Slip 2000 EWL is a 100% synthetic oil with anti wear and anti friction additives (as per their website). They say even when the oil has dried off or been wiped off it still continues to lubricate. Slip 2000 EWL was the lubricant used on the "Filthy 14" BCM carbine used at EAG Tactical that was never cleaned. Only Slip 2000 EWL was added to the gun as needed. I believe it has around 50,000 rounds on it now. Whatever the exact round count is, it's pretty impressive. There are many excellent gun lubes, and I know this can be a very touchy and emotional subject for some people. I don't know exactly where Slip 2000 EWL ranks exactly against other gun lubes, but I think it has to be in the top tier. It has been around for over a decade now, and has always consistently received very impressive reviews from everyone I have heard talk about it. I have also had excellent results with their Slip 2000 EWL grease. It's a very light grease, and really lasts seemingly forever, way longer than any wheel bearing grease I have ever tried. Point is, Slip 2000 EWL products are excellent and have been proving themselves for over a decade now.

https://www.slip2000.com/slip2000_ewl.php
    Last edited by Cane55; 02-13-16 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    I have a mason jar of the EWL. Once I'm done cleaning my AR bolt I submerge it in the jar of EWL and let the excess run off. Then I reassemble my BCG. I have a number of weapons so it may be a few months before I shoot that particular gun again. Every time I go shoot it again (this is after firing a hundred or so rounds and after several months storage) the bolt is still wet when I take it apart. I like EWL a lot. I don't clean with it (although I guess you could), I just use it for the lube afterwards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Considering Northern MN just hit -15 again, all of these comments are music to my ears. I was trying different methods in the low cold and was getting mixed results. I am hoping slip will let me put it away wet, pull it below zero, and operate a few mags without gumming up in the cold.
    Practical lube test in Northern Minnesota

https://www.full30.com/video/58f8cf3...38a75249294896

https://www.full30.com/video/0020dbd...bed1d135c514ea
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-13-16 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    Totally a fudd...my car has a hood scoop for god sakes...yet I'll vouch for slip. It came with my LWRC back in the day, and I was totally impressed. Stayed where it should, did not burn off due to normal operation, etc.

Now if I could get thru that metric shit ton of CLP I had beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'll use CLP for cleaning but that's it.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It's a unique blend of (de-scented) hydrogenated bacon grease, with a molecular bond to coconut oil creating enhanced weapon system lubricity.

FWIW - I use it and love it.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    It's a synthetic of some sort, so I assume not vegetable-oil based. That's all I've got on the chemistry end.

But my experience echoes others. Froglube gummed up for me in the cold and I thought was overall garbage. Will never use again. FireClean gummed up on me in storage, which I could get around, but why should I when Slip 2K EWL doesn't?

EWL, whatever it's made of, is top-tier stuff as the Filthy-14 test showed. It doesn't freeze or gum up for me like Froglube in PA winters, which get to about -5 lately. It doesn't grime or gum up for me in storage like FireClean.

I have yet to find a lube that outperforms it when looked at as a whole. Slip 2K EWL still reigns on my end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    It's a synthetic of some sort, so I assume not vegetable-oil based. That's all I've got on the chemistry end.

But my experience echoes others. Froglube gummed up for me in the cold and I thought was overall garbage. Will never use again. FireClean gummed up on me in storage, which I could get around, but why should I when Slip 2K EWL doesn't?

EWL, whatever it's made of, is top-tier stuff as the Filthy-14 test showed. It doesn't freeze or gum up for me like Froglube in PA winters, which get to about -5 lately. It doesn't grime or gum up for me in storage like FireClean.

I have yet to find a lube that outperforms it when looked at as a whole. Slip 2K EWL still reigns on my end.
    Exactly. Well said. Slip 2000 is 100% pure synthetic with different additives. It has proven itself time and time again over a good amount of time. I always keep coming back to it because it's so dependable and reliable. The regular EWL, the EWL 30 and EWL grease all perform exceptionally well from my experience. I couldn't really ask anymore out of a firearms lube. I've spent so much money experimenting with different lubes and always come back to Slip 2000 EWL (although MPRO 7 LPX is a phenomenal lubricant as well - it's a pure synthetic infused with molybdenum and Teflon). There are other great lubes out there, but for me using EWL takes the guess work out of the equation, I know for a fact it's going to work and work well.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    Was that with EWL or the regular gun lube?
    I honestly do not remember. It might have been the regular Slip2k. Sounds like it from the other posts about EWL that maybe I had the regular stuff.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast