Thread: Fortis rail over shaved fsp

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Fortis rail over shaved fsp

Just wondering for those that have a fortis Rev or switch rail, if any of you have installed them over a shaved fsp. I have not seen one of these rails in person, but from pictures on the Internet it looks very narrow in the area around the gas tube. I'm wondering if it's possible to shave the fsp enough to fit this rail over it being that it's so slim. I know I'll have to shave quite a bit off the sides, but it will still be beefier than a low pro gas block. I guess anything is possible with enough patience, but I'm trying to figure how much will I need to take off, and if im better off letting a gunsmith do it.

I have a bcm bfh 14.5 middy with pinned and welded pws fsc 556 brake. Don't want a two piece gas block, and wouldnt want to try to cut the fsp completely off anyway.

Feedback Score
    I had had to shave the crap out of a JP adjustable gas block as well as a little tiny bit inside a Rev II to get it to not touch. That JP gas block is a hog. I personally think you'd be ok with a shaved front sight post, if you get rid of the bayonet lug. On the other hand, If you're planning on having the FSB, when its cut down, covered with the rail, i'd say just get a regular gas block. I should note that my experience was on a 14.5 bcm middy as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, it will absolutely fit. I have a Rev II over a shaved FSP and I didn't need to have the sides shaved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    Yes, it will absolutely fit. I have a Rev II over a shaved FSP and I didn't need to have the sides shaved.

Awesome thanks

Feedback Score
    I have the Switch on one of my builds and there is plenty of clearance in there.