Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone make this?

Feedback Score

Does anyone make this?

Looking for a polymer (or carbon fiber) handguard that is drop-in and extends past the FSB on a carbine. Kinda like the MOE Slimline ones but even further out forward. The Lancer CF HG's that Sig uses on their 516 would be my best illustration of what I'm talking about, but those are free-float. Would need to use the standard barrel nut/delta ring and handguard retaining cap to anchor it in the front, i.e. drop-in.

Like this but two-piece drop-in:

http://store.lancer-systems.com/prod...ber_handguards
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-13-16 at 11:13.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two piece drop in carbon? I'm not sure anyone makes that at all let alone in the length and style you want.

Why is it people have such a hard time understanding carbon? The strength chains from using carbon require long threads to remain uncut over length/width and geometry of a part. Everytime it's cut, like for a cooling slot or for a clamshell half it gets massively weaker.

Someone might make what you want, but I kinda doubt it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Two piece drop in carbon? I'm not sure anyone makes that at all let alone in the length and style you want.

Why is it people have such a hard time understanding carbon? The strength chains from using carbon require long threads to remain uncut over length/width and geometry of a part. Everytime it's cut, like for a cooling slot or for a clamshell half it gets massively weaker.

Someone might make what you want, but I kinda doubt it.
    Oh it doesn't have to be carbon fiber; the Lancer one was the best illustration of the style I'm talking about. Polymer (like the MOE) is fine.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Monstrum Tactical (never heard of them) makes an aluminum quad-rail version of what I'm talking about. Unfortunately it adds 18oz to the weapon and I'm wanting it for my 6720, of which lightness is the hallmark! Don't really want a quad-rail, just a smooth surface with slots for mounting accessories if you wanted to. Nonetheless something similar in concept:

http://monstrumtactical.com/collecti...-in-fsp-cutout
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-13-16 at 11:39.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Here ya go.

14.1 oz.

http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?m...us=&mtrack=1m1

Can't comment on the quality, never owned or even seen one in person. Might be total crap, might be decent. Who knows.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BFS View Post
    Here ya go.

14.1 oz.

http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?m...us=&mtrack=1m1

Can't comment on the quality, never owned or even seen one in person. Might be total crap, might be decent. Who knows.
    Huh.....it is Leapers so quality might be questionable, but interesting nonetheless. Thanks for the link.

Was looking to see if it could be cut down to maybe 13" or so.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Like this Troy Delta?

Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-13-16 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Go with a Troy Delta or chop the delta ring and run a Centurion C4 or a Midwest Industries extended carbine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    Like this Troy Delta?

I'm gonna go to Troy's website and look closely at it. I could live without that little Pic rail jutting out underneath the FSB as I like to place my support hand far out.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I'm gonna go to Troy's website and look closely at it. I could live without that little Pic rail jutting out underneath the FSB as I like to place my support hand far out.

I have that handguard and I use that little rail to mount one of the small Larue handstops on it. Gets my hand out there and gives me a reference point to keep it off my FSB and therefore reduces the number of burns that I induce on myself.

I've been thinking about cutting one down and putting it on an 11.5" FSB upper so that I can still run a light at 12 o'clock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast