Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angstadt Arms 0940 9mm

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Angstadt Arms 0940 9mm

I'm excited to start working in my 9mm AR tonight. I'm still waiting for a new frontier BCG. I believe I have all the parts I need for the build in my parts bin here at home. I planned to use a Spikes 9mm buffer and Wolf Spring. I just read about using an A5 set up on a 9mm. I have one onhand. Have you used one or shot one?

I don't have a bbl or rail for this upper yet. I would like to use a 7" KMR and a 4.5" bbl from ADCO. I have a fake suppressor I would use to fill the gap until I can get a 9mm can.

I am trying to sell this Colt upper here in the EE but I might just keep it until I SBR this lower.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-15-16 at 14:57.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can't be much help, as I haven't had any experience with a 9mm lower/upper. What I can say though, is the machining on that Angstadt is mint!

The detail on that mag release alone is phenomenal.

Can't wait to see your final product, thanks for sharing!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks. It will be fun. I have been drooling over these for a year. https://angstadtarms.com
    I wanted the factory SBR but I can build one for less because I already have so many of the parts. I only need a bbl I already have a rail. But I really want another KMR.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-15-16 at 16:24.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Nice! Can hardly wait to see it completed.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you mind linking where you read about the A5 system on a 9mm? I plan on going that route myself.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Looking at my parts bin I am thinking about using the Spikes 9mm buffer. It is longer and heavier than the A5 I have.

I might try the 9mm buffer with the A5 rifle length spring in my A5 RE.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-17-16 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BallJ View Post
    Do you mind linking where you read about the A5 system on a 9mm? I plan on going that route myself.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...s-for-Colt-9mm

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Guys I had my lower built with the exception of the safety. I could not get the safety core installed. The trigger bar would not go down far enough to let the AXTS core in. I took the lower apart and noticed this pin almost centered in the bottom. This is why it would not go through. What the hell is the purpose, can I grind it? I might just use another trigger. I bought the FCG here on the EE and was told it was a BCM. Not sure if it is now.

Last edited by usmcvet; 02-17-16 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Ok I am a dumb ass. I had the spring on the trigger wrong! =) But it still does not fit.

Last edited by usmcvet; 02-17-16 at 16:21.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast