Thread: My Just Completed 16" Lightweight Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My Just Completed 16" Lightweight Build

Waiting for the mount for my MRO and will be headed to the range to zero. Hopefully this weekend. Under the handguard is a Battle Arms Development 16" light rigged barrel with an SLR Ti adjustable gas block.

FullSizeRender 11.jpg

FullSizeRender 12.jpg

FullSizeRender 16.jpg

FullSizeRender 17.jpg

FullSizeRender 14.jpg
    Last edited by AssGasOrBrass; 02-16-16 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    I see you left the "anti rotation" doohickey out of the SLR Handguard. I took mine out because it rattled.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    I see you left the "anti rotation" doohickey out of the SLR Handguard. I took mine out because it rattled.
    Are you refering to this little gizmo?
    http://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?r...product_id=450
    If so mine is installed... its black and slighly depressed so not real easy to see... Its easy to miss especialy in that photo. Mine moves when i poke it with my finger but does not quite rattle...
    Last edited by AssGasOrBrass; 02-16-16 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    I don't see the point in the insert. How does it act as an anti rotation device? I guess it uses the gas tube as a stop.

Anyway, it's an awesome Handguard. The weight and feel of it is great. That's a nice rifle you have there.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice rifle, any reasons for using the parts you did? also let us know how that BAD barrel shoots.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masenomics View Post
    Nice rifle, any reasons for using the parts you did? also let us know how that BAD barrel shoots.
    Part selection was based on:
    A) Weight
    B) Performance
    C) Availability and Value

I wanted lightweight parts without making any compromises in performance/functionality. I picked up the Battle Arms barrel wth the Ti adjustable gas block on EE (otherwise those components would have been above my budget). The handguard I was torn between the SLR (I went with becuase Rainier carried it and I had store credit there) and the MI gen 3. The rest of the components I picked using the criteria above and research/reviews.

Feedback Score
    Nice build my ultra light 16" is going to use a battle arms stripped receiver set (13oz)

I choose a Faxon pencil barrel 19 oz for $180 over the battle arms barrel at 24 oz for $500 (but since you got it on trade, good deal). Here in south east Florida most 3-gun ranges only 100 yards so no need for a super accurate long range barrel, being able to move the gun quickly more important. Please post your range results as I am think of building an 18" long range upper and will probably want a higher end barrel like the battle arms.
    Last edited by nick954; 03-02-16 at 10:38.