Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upland hunters?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Thanks, I'll be hitting it hard this weekend for sharptails again, hopefully it doesn't warm up so quickly this week. Word on the street is the blue grouse didn't have a banner year. The pack is an orvis sling pack. I like it because the hip belt hat molle webbing so you can configure it how you want it.
    Thanks for your reply!

Will hafta check that bag out, looks pretty comfortable, but sturdy.

I wish yah luck in your next trip out, I didn't take on the "upland challenge" this year, I know the next thing I have on my plate is opener for Small Game and Waterfowl. Not sure if I will take up waterfowl this year, it's a battle and a half without dogs and such.

Hard to say no when the Waterfowl opener is free for the weekend as long as you got a youth 15 or under with yah, though.

At the very least, nephew and I will be hitting up the HWTs for some Rabbits.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 09-09-16 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Love the Brits J-dub.
    I've had a brace for 25 years, different dogs of course.
    We have quail and Prairie Chicken in my neck of the woods- Flint Hills region of Kansas.
    Nothing like hunting behind dogs.
    The hunting becomes a sideline to watching the girls work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Love the Brits J-dub.
    I've had a brace for 25 years, different dogs of course.
    We have quail and Prairie Chicken in my neck of the woods- Flint Hills region of Kansas.
    Nothing like hunting behind dogs.
    The hunting becomes a sideline to watching the girls work.
    Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't bird hunt without dogs, and I doubt I ever live another day without at least one britt in the kennel. Despite their numb skull owner, they always suprise me with their natural ability.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No joke.
    I'd like to have a $10 bill for each time one of my hunting buds refused to believe a point, or one the girls getting "birdy"
    ("There can't be anything in there") and have a small covey flush- while they stood there with mouth open and head up their ass.
    I've learned to NEVER doubt their instinct.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234