Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger RPR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I'm totally getting one of these when one is in stock and not overpriced or a scam.
    I have no requirement for a 6.5 bolt gun other than PRS, so a low cost entry rifle is what I'm looking for.

(This was just a thrown together pic. Scope has been moved and the rifle has been adjusted to fit)

This is my 6.5 creed that I built but if I was going to do it over again I would buy an RPR. I was not impressed at first due to all of the hype but after shooting next to one all weekend I'm sold. Great rifle and doesn't need anything extra. Very good starter rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    In our quest for the best, sometimes we forget what fun is. The RPR fills this role. It only lacks 1 thing... a 26 inch barrel for a bit more speed.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    In our quest for the best, sometimes we forget what fun is. The RPR fills this role. It only lacks 1 thing... a 26 inch barrel for a bit more speed.
    And that's just an aftermarket barrel swap away.
    Looks like overall the weakest link is the trigger pack, and I don't think it will be long before one of the bolt gun trigger companies makes one.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't remember who, I think Jard, but there is a trigger company that makes a replacement. I read about it in the second RPR thread on the 'Hide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    And that's just an aftermarket barrel swap away.
    Looks like overall the weakest link is the trigger pack, and I don't think it will be long before one of the bolt gun trigger companies makes one.
    I have passed up on 2 RPR's. My gun shop gets about 1 a month in. I was almost dead set on getting one, but I do not care for the trigger. I know most of you guys shoot 2 stage triggers/heavy triggers, but I have jewels on all my bolts @ 1 lb or so. I am currently looking for a defiance action for a new stick.

I do hope it is not Jard, I have seen more of them fail than any of the others. Jack, I do not think you will be disappointed in getting one. It's the perfect fun-budget rifle. Get some AI mags also, these will allow you to load longer...closer to the lands. The strip at the front can also be taken out to make oal 2.910 I believe. Not sure if you will hand load or not.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Maybe I have overlooked something, but the handguard can be swapped out for just about any AR handguard with the correct barrel nut, right? Just curious. I'm patiently waiting to find a 6.5 at the right price to get into the bolt gun game and maybe shoot some more matches.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tostado22 View Post
    Maybe I have overlooked something, but the handguard can be swapped out for just about any AR handguard with the correct barrel nut, right? Just curious. I'm patiently waiting to find a 6.5 at the right price to get into the bolt gun game and maybe shoot some more matches.
    Yes it can be swapped out with any AR rail. The one I saw this weekend had a BCM KMR on it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Yes it can be swapped out with any AR rail. The one I saw this weekend had a BCM KMR on it.
    Well, sort of. Seekins and MI produce handguards that cover the RPR's barrel nut (larger than the handguard nut, obviously), but most others do not and I personally do not care for the look. See this thread on the Hide. Also:

Feedback Score
    I picked up my RPR yesterday. A buddy of mine has been working to get me into precision rifle shooting for some time now. I traded off a 1911 I don't shoot for the rifle. Mine is in .243. I'll likely pick up a 6.5 Creedmore barrel and sit on the .243 until someone starts making factory match ammo as I don't reload yet. I've read some are seeing OK results (sub-MOA, but not half MOA) with 100gr Federal ammo.

Some initial thoughts, I love the magazine interchangeability. That was freakin brilliant on Ruger's part. I can already tell I am going to tweak a couple of things. A BCM gunfighter grip, MagPul PRS and LRI bolt shroud are going to be installed. I'm currently torn on glass between the less expensive line from NF or a similarly priced Vortex Viper PST. Already have Seekins 30mm rings ordered. A Harris or Atlas bipod is a requirement for me.

Should be a fun way to quickly get involved in PRS and learn some new shooting skills in the process.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I want one.

That is one interesting way to mount a barrel. Looks like they are using the Savage jam nut concept to achieve headspace without the need for machining shoulders and such. Would have though they'd use an AR system.

Like the idea especially if prices settle down into the $900 range. At $1200 or above its too much for an entry gun. I liked my Savage 10 and 110 FP's simply cause they were cheap and shot well.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast