Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suppressor covers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    I have a Griffin HMMS on a Saker 556 can. Works great. Here's a pic.

Which Aimpoint mount/lever is that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KAC t1 mount

Feedback Score
    thanks

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In our testing, the Manta did the best for heat and mirage.
    http://www.manta.us/
    I watched some really impressive videos on this one. Thank you for the suggestion. I am seriously considering this.

The only negative is that I wouldnt be able to remove it to let the can cool. Not sure how much the staying hot hurts though. Ive read different opinions on this.
    Last edited by dentron; 02-25-16 at 22:34.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have 4 Rifles Only HAD covers. They are easy on/off, but stay locked on when you need them.

The covers are user replaceable, and have one of the highest temperature ratings of the covers in question (3,000 inner, 2,000 outer cover).
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    I watched some really impressive videos on this one. Thank you for the suggestion. I am seriously considering this.

The only negative is that I wouldnt be able to remove it to let the can cool. Not sure how much the staying hot hurts though. Ive read different opinions on this.
    There is no need to remove a cover to permit cooling to prevent suppressor damage.
    I used to think that it did, as did most, but real thermal physics and material properties has proven me incorrect.
    The rate of cooling in regard to heat retention leading to damage is not even worth worrying about with a decent suppressor.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I have 4 Rifles Only HAD covers. They are easy on/off, but stay locked on when you need them.

The covers are user replaceable, and have one of the highest temperature ratings of the covers in question (3,000 inner, 2,000 outer cover).
    Great! Thank you.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    There is no need to remove a cover to permit cooling to prevent suppressor damage.
    I used to think that it did, as did most, but real thermal physics and material properties has proven me incorrect.
    The rate of cooling in regard to heat retention leading to damage is not even worth worrying about with a decent suppressor.
    I've been researching this and couldn't find anything definitive. Thank you for your clear answer! This satisfies any doubts I had.

Once again I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cole-Tac promocode "NFAREVIEW" will save you 10%. I don't get a kickback, it just saves my subscribers money

I've run them all. And Cole-tac has meticulous hand made detail and they are constantly improving on the design...thats what happens when the company is owned by an engineer who happens to work at one of the largest gun companies in the US.

Last edited by Fireman1291; 02-26-16 at 11:28.
    Industry T&E

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireman1291 View Post
    Cole-Tac promocode "NFAREVIEW" will save you 10%. I don't get a kickback, it just saves my subscribers money

I've run them all. And Cole-tac has meticulous hand made detail and they are constantly improving on the design...thats what happens when the company is owned by an engineer who happens to work at one of the largest gun companies in the US.

I appreciate the coupon. I went with the Manta. Every test / review on those is inpressive.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast