Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Only one handgun for post apocalypse (hypothetical question)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    That gun was created by Tim Ralston, hence Ralston Arms LLC.

Here is a video of Tim Ralston shooting his own thumb off on season 1, episode 3 of the National Geographic Channel's Doomsday Preppers and blaming the gun instead of his failure to follow the four rules of safe firearm handling.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    That gun was created by Tim Ralston, hence Ralston Arms LLC.

Here is a video of Tim Ralston shooting his own thumb off on season 1, episode 3 of the National Geographic Channel's Doomsday Preppers and blaming the gun instead of his failure to follow the four rules of safe firearm handling.

"It was one of those malfunctions, my thumb went in front of the barrel."
    Ohhh one of those malfunctions.

Well that at least that Scavenger 6 thing looks like a good backup to my sniper rifle. In fact, with such a high degree of ballistic interoperability, it looks poised to supersede all existing precision small arms platforms.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    One thing that's never addressed with these multi-caliber guns for "SHTF" is you'd have to rezero every time you change calibers. I guess you better hope you "scavenge" enough rounds to do that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "Thumb went in front of the barrel"

Hot damn! Cant stop laughing!

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    BTW - I love threads like this of what you would take if you had only one ABCD whatever.

As far as the handgun to battle TEOTWAWKI, no doubt in my mind it would be a Glock in 9mm (17, 19, or 34 for me). Of course I get to have a rifle and other guns too right? lol

HT
    "When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." – Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I love how the promo pic doesn't show his left hand

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    G19. If you are shooting it a lot, you'll either be (1) Dead or (2) have other weapons to scavenge.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    G19. If you are shooting it a lot, you'll either be (1) Dead or (2) have other weapons to scavenge.
    Bingo.

Feedback Score
    Glock 17

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know this was discussed earlier in the thread but I'll bring it up again...

The thought of wanting a G19, or any 9mm for that matter, for an apocalyptic event is completely backassward thinking. If you want proof, think back to after Sandy Hook & think about what was first to be missing off the shelves. Now times that by whatever...

The last calibers I'd ever want in those situations would be a 9mm or 22LR.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast