Thread: Training class recommendations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Training class recommendations

For health, family and personal reasons I have been out of the shooting scene for about a year. In a few months that is going to change along with my location. I should be in the Birmingham, AL area by the summer. I'm looking for a good trainer/class to work on my skills or get them back up to snuff. I thrive on intensity and realism and I have been yelled at by experts..
    I do have many years of competitive pistol shooting experience [IDPA, USPSA, Steel] with some military experience. At least 10 years ago I took a one day Super Dave class too. I plan to visit the range as soon as I am relocated for familiarization first. My estimated time for taking said class would be the fall/winter. Something local would be great but I am willing to travel for the right opportunity.
    Thanks
    1986s4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Frank Proctor has a range where he teaches pistol and carbine in Eastaboga, AL (not too far from Birmingham).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Frank Proctor is great choice. There's a bunch of training to be had around AL, there's range that holds lots of classes not to far from Bham called Double Tap http://doubletapal.com.
    ETA:it has on site lodging, shoot house, nice facilities.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 02-27-16 at 21:44.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.