Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New US Importer for Swiss Arms, www.sanswissarms.com

Feedback Score
    I put a deposit on a SG 553 R pistol (to be SBR'd) precisely because my Sig556 SBR is my favorite rifle. I can afford a Knight's Armament rifle, but just can't personally justify it when my AR-10 and assortment of AR-15's have me satisfied. I guess it just comes down to personal desires.

Feedback Score
    I need at least two. 553 and 551.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I guess I just "don't get it". Pushing KAC prices for obscure guns. Is anyone going to spend $3000 on one of these and really beat it? Maybe I'm just very much falling out of love with "collecting".

I'm not going to complain about more options! I've just never really understood the appeal of the 5xx guns.

I admire the sig 550 series guns. They have an attention to detail in craftsmanship I have not found in any other rifle in the same class. However they do so without truly bring anything to the table over rifles at a third of the price. They are nostalgic the same way a 1911 is. They are not what is late and great but they still work as intended just fine as long as you understand what you are getting and know any limitations.

For many people their appeal was 95% craftsmanship. Something that the US Sig 556 missed. It was what made the original great and why the Swiss guns are so sought after. The SIG that built the 550 is not the Sig that built the 556.

Typically obscurity brings higher prices. Obscurity and quality will always command a premium. The KAC reference is interesting in this case because the SIG 552 served as the base for the SLICK rifle that was a SCAR submission.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 03-11-16 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    I think I will sell everything I own & buy one of these,
    http://www.gruenel.ch/shop/?setsid=1457756010801343815
    "You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil
    ... you know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them."

Lt. Gen. James Mattis, USMC, former 1st Marine Division CO

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Deleted.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I guess I just "don't get it". Pushing KAC prices for obscure guns. Is anyone going to spend $3000 on one of these and really beat it? Maybe I'm just very much falling out of love with "collecting".

I'm not going to complain about more options! I've just never really understood the appeal of the 5xx guns.
    I shoot my SIGs very frequently and do not baby them. My 552 sees the most use of any of my 55x rifles. Swiss SIGs definitely don't seem to appeal to those who are not collectors or collectors/shooters. I am the latter. Honestly the 55x doesn't really offer anything over a high quality AR. The 55x is heavy, has poor ergos compared to the AR, and there are fewer accessories for the 55x than the AR. But the 55x is still a great rifle series and the 552/553 are my favorite SBR bar none.

And interestingly, I emailed Ron at Battlefield Vegas asking his experience with the 55x series. He stated that his guns had between 70k and 100k rounds through them at the time of the email and had only needed the recoil spring replaced. That's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I admire the sig 550 series guns. They have an attention to detail in craftsmanship I have not found in any other rifle in the same class. However they do so without truly bring anything to the table over rifles at a third of the price. They are nostalgic the same way a 1911 is. They are not what is late and great but they still work as intended just fine as long as you understand what you are getting and know any limitations.

For many people their appeal was 95% craftsmanship. Something that the US Sig 556 missed. It was what made the original great and why the Swiss guns are so sought after. The SIG that built the 550 is not the Sig that built the 556.

Typically obscurity brings higher prices. Obscurity and quality will always command a premium. The KAC reference is interesting in this case because the SIG 552 served as the base for the SLICK rifle that was a SCAR submission.
    Well said. And I REALLY want a KAC SLICK.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 03-12-16 at 01:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind a FAMAE but a legit 553 SBR is on my bucket list.

Got to shoot a real one years back. Not as muscle memory as an AR but badass enough that I need one of my very own albeit semi only.

Was tempted to get the sigarms pistol but it really, really, really wasn't the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I wouldn't mind a FAMAE but a legit 553 SBR is on my bucket list.

Got to shoot a real one years back. Not as muscle memory as an AR but badass enough that I need one of my very own albeit semi only.

Was tempted to get the sigarms pistol but it really, really, really wasn't the same.
    What did you find was different? I've owned multiple all Swiss 551s, a 552, and a 553. My 553 is of great quality.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I put a deposit on a SG 553 R pistol (to be SBR'd) precisely because my Sig556 SBR is my favorite rifle. I can afford a Knight's Armament rifle, but just can't personally justify it when my AR-10 and assortment of AR-15's have me satisfied. I guess it just comes down to personal desires.
    Hold the phone; are you telling me the 7.62x39 "R" variant may be coming? Can someone please elaborate on this?

Feedback Score
    I ordered it from John Doe Investigations Firearms, Inc. It seems like a weird name, but it is an actual gun shop. The guy I spoke with said they're bringing 100 in. Their phone number is on their Facebook page. They're expensive.
    https://www.facebook.com/JDIFirearms/
    It's the pistol version of this:

Add the buttstock, sec922r compliance parts, your Form 1 stamp and you're ready to go.
    They'll also offer buttstocks and various other parts.
    http://www.sanswissarms.com/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast