Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howa 6.5 Grendel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was very surprised with the amount of authority it hits at 200yds on steel. I hope to test it out on antelope to elk this year.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Howa 6.5 Grendel

I just got a pair of these, see my post in the price/value thread. I had the barrels cut and threaded to 1/2x28' then a Suppressed Armament adapter to 5/8x24 cerakoted to match. Not much use yet, but the mini action has a great feel, with and without the suppressor(s). I was thinking of a custom build post, but as they say here, "M4C ain't Facebook!" But feel free to ask questions.

Here's a teaser pic:
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 05-03-17 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I just got a pair of these, see my post in the price/value thread. I had the barrels cut and threaded to 1/2x28' then a Suppressed Armament adapter to 5/8x24 cerakoted to match. Not much use yet, but the mini action has a great feel, with and without the suppressor(s). I was thinking of a custom build post, but as they say here, "M4C ain't Facebook!" But feel free to ask questions.

Here's a teaser pic:
    What bolt knob cover is that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haha, I forgot to mention that. It's a cheapie that has a hornady logo on it. It actually feels surprisingly nice, my gunsmith gave them to me until he gets/makes the fixture for the mini action bolt to thread the bolt handles for a "mini jumbo" knob.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Haha, I forgot to mention that. It's a cheapie that has a hornady logo on it. It actually feels surprisingly nice, my gunsmith gave them to me until he gets/makes the fixture for the mini action bolt to thread the bolt handles for a "mini jumbo" knob.
    I was intending to have the bolt on mine skeletonized like the Kimber Mtn ascent, however I'm not sure if there is enough material to do so. Are you going with aluminum, carbon fiber, or just steel?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    I was intending to have the bolt on mine skeletonized like the Kimber Mtn ascent, however I'm not sure if there is enough material to do so. Are you going with aluminum, carbon fiber, or just steel?
    Honestly after going out shooting with this rifle twice, I'm liking the slip on knob enough that I'm already looking at the next build.... one day an aluminum "mini-jumbo" Tac knob will be put on.

Feedback Score
    I have a 6.5 Grendel AR but I've been craving a bolt build something serious. You can buy the heavy actions and a chassis now. 😍
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by C. Stevens; 07-14-17 at 23:43.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12