Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of this?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What do you guys think of this?

Here is my AR that I built. It was put together when the political climate was real crazy and hasn't been shot at all. (I know that's blasphemy)

14.5 DD lightweight barrel
    1.5 battle comp
    Middy
    BCM BCG
    BCM stripped upper
    Troy BUIS
    TLR-1 HL
    Aimpoint pro
    AXTS raptor CH
    Magpul STR
    BCM mod 3 grip
    Colt LPK
    Geissele SD-3G
    Geissele SMK-1 13"
    Battle arms Ambi safety

And my Blue "Thor" couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Per the 2nd paragraph of the below, please feed some more info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well I didn't just buy the upper and slap on a lower. I wanted a tough rifle that I didn't have to worry if I dropped it or threw it down. Something that I could take to some training classes and not have to worry about having issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Well I didn't just buy the upper and slap on a lower. I wanted a tough rifle that I didn't have to worry if I dropped it or threw it down. Something that I could take to some training classes and not have to worry about having issues.

Per that 2nd paragraph, it is common practice to include information regarding why you built the rifle as you did. Thought processes and whatnot.
    Nobody ever got shot climbing over the wall into East Berlin.

Delivering the most precision possible, at the greatest distance possible, with the highest rate of fire possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great selection of parts op, throw on a sling and it will serve you well. Great dog also!
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks. I have a Magpul MS3 sling but I don't care for it much. I need something padded or wider straps. The straps now dig into my neck.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The Padded Vickers Sling is an excellent choice. It seems that you chose quality parts from quality manufacturers, and it is aesthetically pleasing. You have, however, neglected the most important step of your custom build, and that is verifying function. This is addressed in the first paragraph of this subforum's guidelines. Realistically, there shouldn't be any issue with any of the parts, but it is possible. It is also possible that you may have made a mistake in the assembly process. Who pinned/welded your muzzle device?

Get out there, and verify function. Not only verify function, but also zero your optic and BUIS.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I pinned and welded the brake my self. Used a old drill bit and cut off the back side. Then used a drill press and cut it down to fit in the barrel through the brake. Filled the hole with the weld and then ground flush.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I pinned and welded the brake my self. Used a old drill bit and cut off the back side. Then used a drill press and cut it down to fit in the barrel through the brake. Filled the hole with the weld and then ground flush.
    That isn't something many people do themselves. Let's see a detailed pic.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It's really hard to tell but you can definitely see the line of BBQ paint to cover it up HAHA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast