Thread: Do you think there is any hope of an AK5 or AK5 clone becoming available in the US?

Feedback Score

Do you think there is any hope of an AK5 or AK5 clone becoming available in the US?

Title pretty much says it all- I think they'd sell well here and with things like the Galil ACE, Tavor, SCAR, etc coming to market, maybe one day the AK5 will?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not? The market is still booming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No.

Sort of want the Bren 805. I think that's as close as we're going to get.

I think the FNC is well within legacy status now and FN would rather you buy the SCAR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No to the AK 5, no to the Sig 550-2, no to the Bren, no no no,
    even if Trump gets elected the Republican Congress will not
    allow it, there scared of us.

Feedback Score
    Hahaha we are already getting the Bren in rifle form this year.

The AK5 isn't being made by FN it is being made by Bofors and I'm not sure if they are still under license or if it has expired or even applicable given the evolution and many changes from the FNC.

Good point bringing up the Bren though, there is always that to look forward to

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could happen, but it will take someone very connected to get parts kits out of Sweden. I've wanted an AK5D as a S&H sear host ever since I saw the KAC ak5d handguard back around 2004. And unfortunately like nearly everything else ak5-related, the KAC handguard is unavailable.

Feedback Score
    While I myself would like to own an FNC or derivative, I seriously doubt we will ever see new guns come into the country. Small arms technology has passed these guns up, and unless they're dirt cheap most people would overlook them for AR's or other more modern platforms that bring more features to the table for the same money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Atlas armament makes and sells upper receiver blanks. If kits ever became available it shouldn't be too challenging to fold the blank and weld in subcomponents.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Does FN even still manufacture the FNC any more?

I could see it if FNH USA could bring them in at less than $2k a pop, to compete with guns like the ARX-100, Galil ACE, and Tavor and so forth. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for FNH USA to bring them in - would probably not sell well at the same price as a SCAR.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Does FN even still manufacture the FNC any more?

I could see it if FNH USA could bring them in at less than $2k a pop, to compete with guns like the ARX-100, Galil ACE, and Tavor and so forth. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for FNH USA to bring them in - would probably not sell well at the same price as a SCAR.
    Not going to happen. Sadly.