Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EDC light reccommendations

Feedback Score
    Surefire EB1 is great size and brightness. Perfect EDC for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well the new light arrived today. Am very happy thus far. Lighter than I expected it to be seems to carry very nicely in my initial shove in pocket and do my stuff around the house. So far am very happy. Pictures to follow shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Yup, I've got G2X's falling out of cabinets myself. And even a couple of 6P's rolling around. My main interest in the Fury and the EB2/L4U is the throw. I've got space, and I've got black bears... The EB1, even though 200 lumens, is a remarkable thrower (better than the G2X), but obviously you lose a lot of spill. The X300/M600/EB2/L4U's throw better and spill better, and that makes life a lot easier when trying to see into a tree-line 60 yards away. The P3X makes sense to me as a bedside light, it's just the prospect of carrying it keeps me from buying. I'll end up with both. Always do.

And no worries, Mr. Richard, at least posting photos of a light will only cost me $200... Every Wilson Combat photo I see makes me question things.
    Lumens aren't everything and I would say that the reflector is going to make a difference with the G2X having what I have heard termed orange peel which gives more equal flood compared to tight beam and throw. I know I prefer my M600C to a G2X for a weapon light. If you are wanting something that will cut through the dark and reach out the LU4 might be your ticket, or something similar. Figure it is a basically an M600U without mount ability.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, currently trying to figure out best way to do a beam comparision for the damn light to a G2X, that said, if you've ever seen an M600U it the same.

Does feel lighter than a G2X though, albeit it slightly longer. It is a slimmer light though and the pocket clip fits fine.

P8290002_50.jpg

And here is a gratuitous family shot of all my Surefires.

P8290002_1_50.jpg

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Well the new light arrived today. Am very happy thus far. Lighter than I expected it to be seems to carry very nicely in my initial shove in pocket and do my stuff around the house. So far am very happy. Pictures to follow shortly.

Lumens aren't everything and I would say that the reflector is going to make a difference with the G2X having what I have heard termed orange peel which gives more equal flood compared to tight beam and throw. I know I prefer my M600C to a G2X for a weapon light. If you are wanting something that will cut through the dark and reach out the LU4 might be your ticket, or something similar. Figure it is a basically an M600U without mount ability.
    Right, the E and M series are all TIR lights, so they're generally a little more throw-oriented. I haven't used a TIR light I haven't liked.

The 200 lumen EB1 is something like 10k Candela, the M600U/X300U-B/EB2 is 16.5k, and the G2X is somewhere around 8k IIRC. The newer 300 lumen EB1/E1D is actually something like 9k, it's less than the 200 lumen EB1.

But the only thing keeping me looking at the P3X is the 22k at peak. That is going to reach out very well. I was in an either-or sort of mindset, but now that I'm made aware of the L4U, I think I'll end up with both, rather than holding out for a stupid expensive EB2 Tactical.

And I'd post my Surefire family, but I don't need Euro telling me I'm part of the problem :P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    Right, the E and M series are all TIR lights, so they're generally a little more throw-oriented. I haven't used a TIR light I haven't liked.

The 200 lumen EB1 is something like 10k Candela, the M600U/X300U-B/EB2 is 16.5k, and the G2X is somewhere around 8k IIRC. The newer 300 lumen EB1/E1D is actually something like 9k, it's less than the 200 lumen EB1.

But the only thing keeping me looking at the P3X is the 22k at peak. That is going to reach out very well. I was in an either-or sort of mindset, but now that I'm made aware of the L4U, I think I'll end up with both, rather than holding out for a stupid expensive EB2 Tactical.

And I'd post my Surefire family, but I don't need Euro telling me I'm part of the problem :P
    Well you have done more homework than I on the subject. As I have said before. I know enough to be very dangerous. And I am happy to show other options and help you spend money. Lol.

The EB1 at 200 lumens is attractive to me still may need to add one to my inventory. We will see in the upcoming months. With the new ones I expect to find some deals on old stock.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Well you have done more homework than I on the subject. As I have said before. I know enough to be very dangerous. And I am happy to show other options and help you spend money. Lol.

The EB1 at 200 lumens is attractive to me still may need to add one to my inventory. We will see in the upcoming months. With the new ones I expect to find some deals on old stock.
    Hah, I wouldn't call it homework... more like I just read the catalog to find out the numbers after seeing a difference. I actually got the EB1 because of the interface, and thought "meh, I'll deal with lower output". But when I put it up against the G2X and saw the big difference in throw, I was sold on TIR lights (as G2X's were my weapon lights). So, I found some catalog numbers, and sold myself on transitioning over to all M600/X300's on guns, which is just... once you see an X300U-B at 100 yards, it's hard to go back to a G2X lol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Attachment 41547

AWESOME light...
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456