Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC light reccommendations

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    LOL - true. More Lego's for grownups.

That's why I have a drawer full of flashlights and parts, and a footlocker full of holsters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    LOL - true. More Lego's for grownups.

That's why I have a drawer full of flashlights and parts, and a footlocker full of holsters.
    Only a footlocker? Amateur. lol.

Though, I think these things and ARs are proof than even grown ups need something to play with.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    When we grown-ups do it, it's "engineering." That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I love my E1D defender. It's a great little carry light, I added a 1.5 inch metal Oring attached to it that sits outside my pocket, that acts light a switchback/quick draw device for the light.

Feedback Score
    There's Armytek that can be looked into and isn't too overly priced. Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Here's my EDC Torches if you will:

The SF.M2Centurion has the Malkoff Devices M61W that I've been using for more than a couple of years now with no problems. The other is the SF.P2X IntelliBeam.
    Last edited by CLHC; 03-13-16 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    I really love my Elzetta lights and they seem to meet most, if not all, of your needs as outlined. I started off with the original 3-cell; it was great but ended up being longer than I liked for pocket carry so I added a 2-cell "Bravo" body and Elzetta Speed Clip. I still carry that set-up quite often. The 900 lumen(650 w/ 2-cell) AVS head is overkill for some situations but a great option to have. I have swapped the 2 and 3 cell bodies with both heads and prefer the high/low clicky(twist cap 1/4 turn for low). I don't own the Alpha 1-cell but at 375 lumens, really piques my interest. The Speed Clip has worked well for me; it's adjustable for bezel up or down and for depth of carry. Before the Speed Clip came out I had researched for a clip to fit and I believe there were a couple other options out there; I seem to recall a titanium clip from somewhere that would've worked but it's been a long time ago now. Google and candlepower.com forums were my means of information on the subject. With 1,2,&3 cell bodies, 2 different power Malkoff heads, several different bezels and tail cap options, and at least some clip options, you should be able to come up with pretty darn close to what you want in a carry light.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I have several lights but the one that comes to mind for you is the Streamlight Protac 2L. Great output, programmable, and very nice to carry. Disappears in the pocket but is still big enough to use in a defensive situation where you don't have to worry about the light being so small that you can't hold onto it. Worth taking a look at in my opinion.
    Last edited by mjpgolf1; 03-14-16 at 06:17.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I've carried a Streamlight Pro-TAC 1L for the past two years. It has been my favorite EDC light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    I go back and forth between a Pelican 1920 and a Streamlight Protac 1L. They are both less lumens than the OP is looking for but for the price point of each i'm happy. And if I lose either of them it's not so painful. I've carried one or the other daily in my pocket for the last two years and I have no complaints whatsoever. The Protac is programmable.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast