Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EDC light reccommendations

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    http://www.streamlight.com/en-us/edu...-tap_prog.html

To change the programming, you would need to activate the light ten times in four seconds. With the Streamlights I have used, it never became an issue. YMMV.

Also have been very pleased with the AAA Pelican 1910 and 1920 for the money.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hmm, may be worth a look then. I sometimes, with the amount of variation, have a hard time knowing what is what with some of those. But 10 times in 4 seconds is more than I could generally foresee.

As far as Pelican lights. From the ones I have owned and used, underrated lights. Really they are.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)

EDC light reccommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Define programmable for the protac? I have in the past looked at them, but unless I can lock it out to one output they really aren't of interest, well that and the fact i've killed several streamlight carry options, albeit the cheaper ones. Again, I am being a little neurotic I know, but if I have the ability to, by clicking quickly, causing it to go to a different output or mode then I am not really interested. One of the reasons I sold and traded off my TLR1s was because while working through a house or building illuminating I had on several occasions managed to cause it to go to strobe, and while not a lethal malf of the light, it was enough for me to dump it for something where I had fully and complete control of what the damn thing was going to do.
    Im with you on the multi modes. I'm not necessarily a fan of the program options on the Protac 1L. It comes in a high/strobe/low mode and also has a high/low and high only mode. I keep mine in the high only mode. The multi modes are of no use to me but I would like to be able to program any of the single modes; high, low, or strobe.
    Last edited by jdgiii; 03-15-16 at 06:43.

Feedback Score
    Too bad Raven Concealment no longer makes this:
    Raven-Concealment-Pocket-Clip.jpg

I wonder if enough people showed interest they'd bring it back. It's a must have for a 1" bodied light.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

EDC light reccommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Too bad Raven Concealment no longer makes this:
    Raven-Concealment-Pocket-Clip.jpg

I wonder if enough people showed interest they'd bring it back. It's a must have for a 1" bodied light.
    I made my own at the hardware store for less than $1.50, she may not be pretty, but she gets the job done. I just need to find some that have been anodized black.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 03-16-16 at 10:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I made my own at the hardware store for less than $1.50, she may not be pretty, but she gets the job done. I just need to find some that have been anodized black.
    You made the pocket clip for you E1D for $1.50?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    You made the pocket clip for you E1D for $1.50?
    Not the pocket clip but the ring for your finger like the Raven. The E1D has the pocket clip already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Not the pocket clip but the ring for your finger like the Raven. The E1D has the pocket clip already.
    Right, what I posted was the pocket clip that raven used to make for the G2/6P series and something the OP was lamenting about his G2X not having.
    -Fjallhrafn

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I knew of the Raven clip for the G2 lights. however since i had replaced the tailcap with a SF clicky cap z68 i think. not sure on the number but it let me click for constant i wasnt sure it would work. also while a pocket clip was wanted the other reason i wanted something else was the G2X was too big for pocket carry for me. otherwise i wpuld have gone with something like the Raven Concealment clip, i belive there are other manufacturers that make simular profucts and filed down the tailcap so that it would work. a finger ring isn't high on my importance list, but i know others will feel different.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes I have 5-6 Solarforce lights that I have assembled and have been very happy with the units. Solid lights and head units, I've had them about 3 -4 years. Very bright and programmable as well as single mode units.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Didn't want to start another thread so figured I'd jump in here.

Looking for a good duty light. I want 500 plus lumens (ideally 800-1000) and single mode operation. Surefire Fury and malkoff hot throw or hound dogs are at the top of the list.

Y'all have any experience with the solarforce offerings too? The p1/L2 bodies and xplv3 engines look nice but for less than 40 bucks I want to be sure their not total crap. If nothing else I wouldn't mind putting a few of their LED drop ins in a bunch of my surefire g2s, 6Ps, and C2 that I have.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Freelance; 03-16-16 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freelance View Post
    Yes I have 5-6 Solarforce lights that I have assembled and have been very happy with the units. Solid lights and head units, I've had them about 3 -4 years. Very bright and programmable as well as single mode units.
    Much obliged. I'm going to grab a few of the single modes then. For the price I can't complain. I'll likely grap a couple elzetta Charlie's for duty use.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast